Santa Poll

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Santa
Tell Him after Christmas 0 0%
Don't tell him, let him find out on his own 3 75.00%
Not sure, have no idea 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
I was in 4th grade when my teacher decided to tell us that Santa didn't exist (sorry ladies, if you didn't already know that he wasn't real, I hate to be the one to break the news, but he's magical & not real ).

My 11 DSS knows that Santa doesn't exist, his grandparents decided to tell him last year on their own. DH was angry about that & so was bio-mom but apparently grandparents thought that he needed to know b/c he would be picked on if he believed at age 10 (at the time).

So I mentioned this to several friends & they seemed to actually agree w/ my DSS' grandparents, and I didn't expect that.

I suspect that my DS (who is 8) is already questioning how real Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy is.

My question is, should I tell my DS or should I allow him to find out from someone else like a friend or hear-say?

Obviously if I would tell him about the reality of Santa, I would wait until AFTER Christmas, I wouldn't want to spoil anything, even if he has his suspicions.

WDYT?

Need some feedback/opinions.

December 9th, 2008, 03:01 PM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
I think that my girls know that there is no santa but we have a rule in the house for all the make believe people...santa, easter bunny..etc.

IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE YOU WILL NOT RECIEVE

So I pretty sure that neither one of them really believe in Santa anymore because there have been some really jerky kids through out the years...last year one of them said that they proved to Sadie that there was no Santa....sucks for her to not believe. Sadie still said she did and got gifts and the little brat didn't. Oh she was an awful child.

I guess if you want to tell him I would wait but I am going to hold out as long as I can because we still have Gabe here who will believe for a while and I would hate for the girls to burst his bubble.

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
December 9th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE YOU WILL NOT RECIEVE

That statement pretty much sums it up. I know that b/c DSS knows the "truth" there are no more Santa gifts for him & that's b/c we don't have too. I guess if my kids are smart, they will play up that statement for as long as possible.

December 9th, 2008, 04:14 PM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
I am like 95% that my girls are just "believeing" to recieve.

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
December 11th, 2008, 06:06 AM
Super Mommy
I still "believe" in santa!!!!!!!!! How could you say there isnt any hes just magical, I see him on every street corner and every mall!!! Wait, is he stalking me? lol. I wouldnt tell him and when he starts questioning, like the other girls say, if you do not believe you will not receive!!! I am still following this rule lol.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search