What to do????

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2006, 05:15 PM
alexasmum's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to alexasmum Send a message via Yahoo to alexasmum
Hi! I dont know what to do but my ex is an alcoholic drug abuser, for the past few months he has been fine and been taking our daughter on weekends and paying support for ... then three weeks ago he left her with his new wife and took off drinking i was not impressed..... so i decided that he needs help and has to change b/c i dont need my daughter being scared that i am going to do that to her she wakes up crying b/c of this, anyways so i told his parents that he needs to change and until then he cant see our daughter that was fine until they decided to let him see her without my knowledge... now i dont know what to do , she is home with me now but is more confused then ever b/c he comes and goes.... any advice would be great!!!!
January 22nd, 2006, 09:20 PM
mudholemama
Is there a way you can schedule a visit with DD and EX
where you can be there??

Maybe ya'll can meet at a McDonald's or something....

If you are at a place with the EX to have a heart to heart,
explaining how it's becoming very difficult for DD, I would try that
also.

Good Luck!!

P.S. I'm due in August too! Have you visited the August DDC??
January 23rd, 2006, 08:11 AM
Hey! I have tryed talking to him untill i was blue in the face we broke up when my daughter was only 6 months b/c of this and he has been in and out of her life since then .... its starting to affect her more now that she is older and im at my witts end now... i have tryed the whole thing about meeting where i can be there and he doesnt show half the time and then i have to deal with her crying about him not showing up...

frustration has taken a new meaning ... maybe its bothering me soo much now b/c i have met the love of my life and we are expecting our first child in august and he is sucha good father to her... he doesnt want to take his place but the wasy it looks right now it seems that her father doesnt care ....

p.s. yes i have seen the ddc for august good luck with your pregnancy!!!
January 23rd, 2006, 09:21 AM
mudholemama
one of my girlfriends grew up like that...her daddy would never
come pick her up when he said he would.

It's real sad but now, she has commitment problems...
She has grown to be a WONDERFUL mother and parent
but I think somehow, being in a situation like that is just BAD.

Good luck...you're definitely between a rock and a hard place!
January 23rd, 2006, 09:39 AM
Hey! Well i just talked to my ex's parents and they agreed with me that he shouldnt see her... they are worried about his drug use and stuff they wouldnt get into but the addictions foundation counsellor that they spoke with says we should limit their visits .... so im just going to do what they say and see what happens in the future .....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search