Ice storm is here

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
They're predicting at least 1 inch of ice, last storm was 2 inches. They said that our area is going to be hit hard & that we are to prepare for our power to go out again. The news said that the power companies are "prepared" w/ 900 additional workers today or something like that? All school's are canceled.

I went to a town meeting last night & on top of the clean up thus far which has accumulated to 707 thousand, we are estimated an additional million for the town's clean up. That doesn't include individual houses. We have to meet w/ FEMA in the next month to propose our needs & hope that they give us the relief that we need but as you know, we're not the only town that got hit & in fact, there were other towns that suffered more. We're hurting and as our town council said last night "if we don't get this help, we're finished".

My DH went to work today, took him 3 hours, normally takes him 45 min. It's bad outside. It's predicted to get worst. I am doing a ton of laundry & trying to do everything that I wouldn't be able to do w/ out power. Just paid all my bills online for the month, charging everything up, getting all my candles out & doing what I can on my end.

Please, if there is a God, not again. I'm praying that this is not again.

I'm signing off, unplugging my PC in case of a power surge, I don't want my electronics to fry. So until this storm passes I wont be on the internet but I will have access to email w/ my Blackberry & Becca/beccaak (host) has my email & can contact me anytime.

Take care,
Chantelle

January 7th, 2009, 07:56 AM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
OMG I am sorry that you are having to go through this again. I have an idea...have Mark join the military...get Stationed in VA...and then you will be close to me and never have to worry about ice storms that bad again....That is a great plan.

I have heard that there are ice storms here but I have never seen one. When I lived in MN that was a whole different story. That is why I am here. Better weather.

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search