What is your way of de-stressing?

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2009, 08:29 AM
ToonTownGirl's Avatar Super Mommy
<span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS">Let's see if we can't get a list going of ways that we as women can do to de-stress ourselves. We know that we lead busy lives, and some of you have children of your own, plus step children. So what do you do to make time for yourself?</span></span>

<span style="font-family:Trebuchet MS">For me, I love to scrapbook and play sukoku!

Thank you
*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!

1st Miscarriage - not planned - June 29, 2010

Saskatoon Scrappin'
- visit my blog!

January 10th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Well... I love JM... it's one way, I am big on photography. I love to read, I love juicy gossip magazines like US weekly. I love watching dumb shows like Orange County Housewives (spoiled brats that they are). And taking drives is always nice. I also love to take a bath, but I never get to do that anymore. I used to do the candles & bubbles, I can't remember the last time I've done that. I do get my hair done every 9 weeks. I just did that last Thursday night. My salon treats me w/ wine & all sorts of goodies!

January 10th, 2009, 02:07 PM
mommy-heather's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
JM, myspace, taking a hot bath.
January 10th, 2009, 04:21 PM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
Ok so I am the bad one here...I smoke. Sometimes I really feel like locking myself outside just to smoke in peace. Not that I smoke in the house but the kids can come and play outside and then I am not alone anymore. So that is a big de-stresser for me. And then I sew and quilt and crochet and all that fun crafty stuff. For the last 2 days I locked myself in my room and make a box out of plastic canvas and yarn because I was just sick of it all. I love my DH but he has been home since the week before Thanksgiving and I am just a little tired of him!

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
January 10th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Ok so I am the bad one here...I smoke. Sometimes I really feel like locking myself outside just to smoke in peace. Not that I smoke in the house but the kids can come and play outside and then I am not alone anymore. So that is a big de-stresser for me. And then I sew and quilt and crochet and all that fun crafty stuff. For the last 2 days I locked myself in my room and make a box out of plastic canvas and yarn because I was just sick of it all. I love my DH but he has been home since the week before Thanksgiving and I am just a little tired of him![/b]

Hey, I used to smoke & I can totally relate to what you are saying. That was my excuse to leave the house & go outside & be ALONE. Sometimes I think about taking up smoking again just for that very reason, but for health & money, I don't. Otherwise, I'd be going down & buying a case of cigarettes right now girl.

January 10th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Kal quit but I didn't. I tried and I failed. O well.

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
January 10th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Kal quit but I didn't. I tried and I failed. O well.[/b]
Never say it's too late. You didn't fail, you didn't want to really quit, there's a difference. I know for me, when I REALLY, I mean REALLY wanted to quit, I did it. But the times before, when I'd say "I'm quitting" & then a week later get a pack, I wasn't ready. YOU have to be ready. Not Kal, not everyone else...you. Right now it's your de-stressor, you just said that. If you took that away, you'd have nothing to get away & be alone & have something take away that "stress"...right? Now I am not telling you to smoke either but you know what I mean. Until you replace your existing habit w/ another that is healthier that is just as fulfilling, you wont want to quit. I know that, I had to have the same. It's when YOU and ONLY YOU are ready. Don't force something on yourself that you aren't wanting or ready for. And don't put yourself down for trying & "failing"... we all stumble every now & then. That's okay, that's why we have friends who kick us in the bum & tell us to get up. Right?

You'll do it when you're ready. And when you are, we'll be here for you.

January 12th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Time for myself? What's that

Seriously with 2 young kids & a 40+ hour a week job, a house, a DH, a cat and a dog. There isn't a whole lot of me time.

I am going to join a gym though. The company I just started working for has 1 for $10 a month. I can afford that! And I can go on my lunch hour a couple of days a week. I hope it helps because I am sooooo stressed right now.

Other than that I do have a glass a wine.....

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
January 12th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Quote:

I am going to join a gym though. The company I just started working for has 1 for $10 a month. I can afford that! And I can go on my lunch hour a couple of days a week. I hope it helps because I am sooooo stressed right now.

Other than that I do have a glass a wine.....[/b]
Gym & wine... can I join ya???

January 13th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:

Other than that I do have a glass a wine.....[/b]
Gym & wine... can I join ya???
[/b]
I never thought of putting them together but it sounds like a plan! I might actually be more motivated!

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
January 15th, 2009, 06:22 AM
I went to CVS last night after my weekly therapy session. Oh, and Chiropractic adjustment. That was my ALONE time. lol.. sad eh?

February 15th, 2009, 12:05 PM
cilla's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to cilla Send a message via Yahoo to cilla
I read or watch tv in my room. I also am learning to crochet. Sometimes i take a hot bath but my 2 year old doesnt think i should be in the bathroom alone.

Have you had a Tubal Ligation and regret it? Just pm me or more information on Tubal Reversals!
February 15th, 2009, 01:29 PM
I wish that I could take a bath. Our bathtub is so small that I would need to be like no more than 3 feet tall to be in there comfortably. I have tried 2 times and I was always in more pain when I got out then when I went in.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search