Great books to read

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
I've read some really good books that have helped me get through some tough situations.

1. Ex-Etiquette for Parents: Good Behavior After a Divorce or Separation by Jann Blackstone-Ford (Author), Sharyl Jupe (Author)
2. Mom's House, Dad's House: Making Two Homes for Your Child by Isolina Ricci (Author)
3. How To Win As A Stepfamily by by Visher (Author)

Any one else have other books they've read that have helped them get through some sticky situations?

Chantelle

September 22nd, 2009, 02:08 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm reading Mom's House, Dad's House and The Idiot's Guide to Stepparenting. I like the ideas in Mom's House, Dad's House, but I'm having trouble fitting it to my particular situation (abuse and threats to the children), so...while it sounds great, it's not very practical in my situation. Although I love how it describes the stages you go through in the loss of a relationship. I'm only about 1/3 of the way through right now.

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

September 24th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
They are all really great books, but they wont always be the "exact" picture of your life, I usually ignore those parts or think of how I'd react in those situations & see if they could help me. Either way, you can always get stuff out of it & if anything, you can learn of things that "could" happen in the future so you know how to handle them when "or" if they do.

Glad you are doing some research & educating yourself on this. There are no books on how to blend a family (like a recipe) but it's nice to know that you are not alone. There are so many different books out there but thus far these books have been the most helpful.

November 10th, 2009, 09:09 AM
ToonTownGirl's Avatar Super Mommy
How to Talk so Kids Will Listen...And Listen So Kids Will Talk - by Adele Faber, Elaine Mazlish

AMAZING BOOK!

Thank you
*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!

1st Miscarriage - not planned - June 29, 2010

Saskatoon Scrappin'
- visit my blog!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search