So I'm gonna ask this ?

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
So, this website is called "JUSTMOMMIES".... meaning women w/ children, who have children, trying to have children, step-children...you get the idea... people who have kids in their lives...

What I've noticed is that there are some forums on JM in that there that there are gals who are not only not married or in a relationship but have no kids in their lives, not trying to have kids, not planning on having kids, but...they are posting here. What's up w/ that? I mean... sure... they all seem nice & all but doesn't it seem odd for people to be on a board that applies to "mommies" when they have no mother issues to deal with? I don't get it. Is it just me?

February 13th, 2009, 10:02 AM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
I have always wondered that too. I do not get it either. I know that there is really no reason why they would not be welcomed on this site as it says in the whole title thing: We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! BUT why would you want to come onto a site that is for JUSTMOMMIES when you have no ties to children of any kind. I mean if you are thinking about having a baby or waiting to TTC or if you are TTC I get that. If you are single or in a relationship or if you are married and doing all that I get it. BUT if you have no children either bio, step, adopted or dropped on your doorstep I do not see why you are on JM. I guess what I am saying in all this is that you are not alone in thinking this. I have been wondering about it for a while.

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
February 13th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree for the most part. It's a mommies site that has expanded and become something for everyone. Like arts&crafts? There is a forum for you. But in the end, it is a board under justmommies.com, about pregnancy and parenthood. I came here after m/c for the first time 3 yrs ago. It was a RELIEF. Sometimes I feel strange being here, as I have yet to have my own child and we are WTTC. But I will be a mommy one day, as long as my body plays along lol. I don't understand why people who are single and have no kids are here, but maybe some of them are here because they have m/c and then got attached to the people here. We are THE greatest and friendliest board out there. I love JM.

February 13th, 2009, 12:27 PM
ITA w/ you. I have frequented some boards that the people are NOT "TTC", never have, basically not baby related on any level on any level & just come here to "vent" about their sex lives or their boyfriends, some of them don't have kids, never had a pregnancy & even don't have a significant other, so that's why I posed this ? to the forum here. Wondering what was up w/ that... and if people felt that those members should or should not be here since they aren't even in a "mommy" mode of some sort.

No biggie, just a wondering...

February 13th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
Well, if you think of it that way, what about the board for Dads? Why would they want to be on a board for Mommies?
February 13th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haven't noticed any such to be honest......hmm....... Well, doesn't bother me, there are as xenon said subforums that have to do with books and writting and arts.......why not Or maybe they are interested in motherhood talking in future terms?

" \m/ Now Im riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way Ill cross the line forevermore \m/ "

February 14th, 2009, 07:27 AM
I do not think that it is a big deal but it makes me wonder why someone who is not in that "family-mode" would come to a website mostly based on Mommies!

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
February 15th, 2009, 06:48 AM
That's what I meant. The board is called "JUSTMOMMIES"... I think it says it all... then if you look up what the board is for, it discusses how it's a board for people who are TTC, have kids in their lives or want them in their lives. But I've come across a lot of people who not only are NOT TTC, but they are NOT in a relationship & NOT wanting kids at all. Why even be here at all? That's what I mean. Either way, I was just curious b/c it's been one of those things that made me wonder "hmmmm....." for a while. Just thought I'd put that ? out there since I can't be the only one who has this ? in their minds.

February 15th, 2009, 11:41 AM
I was thinking about something else too. What about the people who post things on a certain board that have NOTHING to do with that board? That to me is annoying. Like this board is just for blended families and I think just about anything goes here. But like if someone were to post about having tubes tied on the TTC board or pictures of their kids on the Love and Sex Board or haw about posting things about keeping their baby on the Adoption board. Those are all certain board designed for certain things and those other things should be put elsewhere.....does that make sense?

*I just added those boards because they are certain boards that have a certain topic. I didn't intend for anyone to think that there is a problem with those boards in particular*

February 16th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Christy72
We have a dad that posts in my political board. He has lots of good insight and he pretty much only posts in the policital section or heated debates. I have always wondered how he found us, lol.
February 16th, 2009, 05:49 PM
TallyGirl22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do see your point too. I guess its just a board open to everyone about everything really... but I do see your point.

Happy 5th Birthday to my princess Elizabeth!

[/CENTER]
February 16th, 2009, 07:51 PM
I will put it this way. If you were posting on a board that was all about women who had to have emergency hysterectomies that were not planned and you were one of them, would you be all happy to have a woman come on the board and talk about her new baby and how she is TTC or how she is pregnant?

That is just an example....I have not seen it. I guess I just think that there are some boards here that I have lurked on and I think...wow that should really not be on this board, that should be over here....

I think now I am just rambling.

BTW I have no problems with dads coming here. I bet that would have helped my dad when I was growing up as he was a single father when they divorced and I lived with him most of the time until I was 16.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search