M.J.'s death, OT, how do you feel?

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Was it a shocker to you or no?

Personally, I am shocked & I feel badly for his children. Those kids, especially his daughter Paris last night, I just wanted it all to stop, clearly he was a dad, and had a family, those people are still alive, let them be.

The killer is that there are people coming out from under rocks pretending to be his "biggest fan"... when 2 weeks ago, they were calling him "wacko-jacko" and making fun of his appearance. In fact, my US weekly, had the last page (that pokes fun of people) that same week of his death, they had a page dedicated to his wacko-clothes & made fun of him, but the US magazine had already published it & the damage had been done. Then the following week's magazine is all about how wonderful he was. Which is it?

I feel badly for the kids & the family. And that Debbie Rowe, I don't care if she's a bio-carrier of the kids, that's all she was & she signed over ALL legal rights & visits for $6 million per child, she put a price tag on those kids & walked away. Now that the "King of Pop" is gone, she all of a sudden wants to fight for custody? Seriously? She has had NOTHING to do w/ those kids for years, now she wants to mother them? Yeah okay, I think she wants the "perks" ($$$$) of being M.J.'s mother to the kids, that's all.
Make's me mad. Did you see her on the news w/ the Paparazzi when she said "don't touch me!" and then she barked & swore at the guy. It's like, uh... hello...do you have patience? What do you expect? The father of the kids you carried passed on, you're petitioning to be the mother now (all of a sudden) dontcha think people are going to want to ask you some hard questions? Dumb person she is, sorry. MHO.

I feel numb about his death, I've been a fan since I was old enough to hear music, I listened to his Jackson 5 material & all the rest. I have to admit that towards the end, I wasn't as big of a fan of his songs, but there were still some good ones & the ones from the past, well... you can't replace.

It's a shame. I just hope the media leaves the children alone, let them grieve, be w/ their grandmother & aunts/uncles. Paris brought me to choke-up in tears. My heart aches for her.

And to "wonder" why he died. Do we REALLY need to know why? Is it that important of the drugs he took? Unless someone poisoned him w/ out his knowledge, he clearly took pain meds & did it willingly, he knew what he was taking & the effects of taking them long-term. To go into graphics of track marks on his arms, or bald head w/ no hair, what's wrong w/ people? That's just not something the people need to know. It's painting a picture of a monster & it's sad. He's gone, he'll never be around to talk or sing again, he'll never be in his kid's lives again, I think it's time to ALLOW Micheal Jackson to R.I.P.

Sorry I went on this rant, so OT but I had to go there b/c it's bothered me & then when I saw his daughter talk/cry, that was it for me. I wanted to share MHO, what do you think???

~C

July 8th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I wasn't shocked. People who live his lifestyle often die young.

I do feel very sorry for his kids. I can't say anything about Debbie Rowe. I don't know why she did what she did. Perhaps she gave up the kids because she was strong armed. Perhaps she had a skeletan in her closet that could be used against her. Who knows. My ex loves my DD but he gave up his parental rights because he didn't want to pay child support. It stupid yeah but I know he truly loves her in his own way. I'm reserving judgement until I hear the whole story.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
July 8th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wasn't really of fan, and though it is sad when someone dies, i was shocked at how many people claimed they respected him etc, regardless of all the allegations made.

My former high school classmates are brawling on facebook after one guy posted a comment about digging a hole and putting him in the ground. Someone else said he must have never lost a loved one. I ALMOST chipped in and asked that girl, if MJ was HER "loved one" kwim? It's ok to be a fan of a celeb, but I don't think your feelings should compare to that of losing a family member or close friend! Sure there are some celebs I think are cool or whatever, but I am not gonna kill myself if they die, or try to go to their funeral (which btw i do not think should be televised and made profit from in ANY circumstance!) whew there i said my piece.
July 8th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
double post

Last edited by eli's momma; July 8th, 2009 at 02:11 PM.
July 8th, 2009, 03:03 PM
MommyLovesLauren's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MommyLovesLauren
I haven't really thought about it much honestly, and I don't watch news segments about that kind of stuff so I really don't know any info to judge on. It's sad when anyone dies and leaves behind a family but it happens to so many people everyday, so I don't really single that one out any more than others. Not that I didn't like his music when I was a kid

July 8th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Kris... ITA...there is a true story, I bet we'll never REALLY find out, just like Marilyn Monroe & JFK, stuff like that is always a "myth" & there are "ideas"...but the only people who know the truth, are the people that are no longer w/ us.

Like they say, no matter how flat you make a pancake, there are 2 sides...then there is the truth in the middle...

I do feel badly for the kids. Made me sad to see his daughter up there, so sweet, so cute, you could tell she was a mess. Good thing she has a lot of people who love/care for her to be there for her & her brothers.

July 8th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Chantelle, his daughter is absolutely beautiful. I just wanted to reach through the tv & hug her. I felt so bad.

Micheal Jackson had his demons that's for sure. But there is no denying that he was probably the most talented entertainer to date. Most of you are way to young to remember his Thriller days. He was an extremely talent man. And like a lot of gifted people, he was also very tortured.

I don't think he was the god some people are making him out to be but I also don't think he was pure evil either. Like all of us - he was somewhere in between - he was human.

The one thing that people can't doubt was he changed music in the world. He is an icon. His weirdness doesn't negate that. And we'll probably never know if the allegations against him were true or not. Nothing was proven...

July 9th, 2009, 12:10 PM
His daughter is beautiful... it was strange b/c prior to his death, we never really saw their faces, they were always covered up by masks. She's just beautiful, model beautiful. She seemed so adult like trying to talk. I was surprised she said anything at all, we saw what she & the other kids looked like & then watched her speak. Michael had never done that w/ them before hand. She must have wanted to speak out. It made things real to me at that moment, like "leave the family alone"... because at that moment, it wasn't about a pop-icon anymore, it was about a human, a father, a person...w/ a family that is left behind.

M.J.'s definitely not this major deal, like....JFK was but at the same time, he was human. As you mentioned, there was no proof to the allegations. I just remember the time he went on the news & pleaded to the public wearing a red shirt & saying that he was "innocent" & how he had been embarrassed & how they had taken pictures of his "genitals"... He seemed so upset & angry, he didn't hide from the allegations but at the same time, his behavior was strange. The part that makes me not believe that he was guilty of hurting the kids (molestation) is that the parents of these kids accepted $$$ to go away. Sorry, but no dollar sign, as tempting as it would be, would send me away from prosecuting a criminal that hurt my child(ren). No way. I'd take them to court & have a full trial & sue the person responsbile for a lot of money, but I wouldn't settle out of court w/ out a trial. That speaks volumes to me, if you really had been hurt, why accept some $$$ instead of wanting justice served? It seemed desperate & strange. But I suppose, some people do put a dollar sign on their kids, Debbie Rowe did, $12million in total... makes you wonder where their heads are sometimes. I know as tempting as the word "million" would be to me, I could & would never give my kids away for money, there is no price tag b/c they are priceless.

Not sure why I am so passionate about this story, it's not like I knew the man or the family. I guess I hate the way the media twists & feeds on this stuff. Even about if M.J.'s body was in the casket, who cares? does a body have to be there to have a funeral? What about the people that are M.I.A. for years, they eventually pronoune them dead after a certain point & you don't have a body to put in a casket, doesn't mean you can't have a service to honor them & say "good-bye"... crazy.

July 9th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
JFK was human too. He was screwing Marilyn Monroe on the side.....

Micheal's insiders say that he paid off the families not because he was guilty but because he just wanted it to go away & not have a lengthy trial. It is possible that these parents exploited their child because they saw an opportunity to be weathly. Who knows...

Micheal sheltered his kids from the media to protect them. I think that was the right thing to do. Look at Jon & Kate plus 8...

July 10th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Don't get me started on Jon & Kate +8.... now that they are getting a divorce in less than 90 days, I think it's time to pull the plug on the show. What's the show about? Two parents, who are seeing other people, can't interact w/ one another around their kids but do it for the sake of $$$ from the show? Then to show kids get mentally screwed up in front of the world to see? C'mon... I used to be a fan, but now, I am just irritated. They were on the cover of my US weekly for a month, I was wondering "what" would cause them to be removed from the cover, it was M.J.'s death. But it's still out there & it's sad. They still have a site w/ the two of them hugging as a family. TAKE THE PICTURES DOWN! It's one thing to have a family photo w/ the kids, but to have the pix of just Jon & Kate together, renewing vows, and being together as a couple, meanwhile Jon is screwing some college gal & God knows what Kate's doing. I mean, seriously, do we really need to see that?

But again, I could go on for hours about J&K+8 so I'll leave my opinion at that.

July 12th, 2009, 02:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't think they can't quit the show, they are under contract. which sounds silly, like with all that they are going through there should be a loophole to get out of it BUT they knew all this when they signed the contract from the get-go. they are the ones who chose to broadcast all their business on national television.....they made their bed, now they have to lie in it. wonder if it was worth it----kate seems like a very money hungry woman and i hope she is satisfied with what her life has become!
July 13th, 2009, 03:33 AM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here comes the nasty answer........i didn't care for the guy and he could either die or be alive i still wouldn't care. Never liked him as a singer........anyway So nothing on this socked me. What socked me was how he looked.

" \m/ Now Iím riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way Iíll cross the line forevermore \m/ "

July 19th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
i feel really sad for his wonderful family. its simple and showed he was a great dad. end of story. My heart and prayers go to his children and family. Because they lost someone very important to them. Can u imagine growing up in your teen yyears without ur father? Its really hard. and they are just entering them.. can u seriously imagine their pain? I liked his music alright. i think he was forsure talented. But yes he is human and he was on the media alot . People were after his money like any typical celb. I just feel so sorry for his family.. all of them. it breaks my heart so much!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search