Do any of your Step kids..

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2009, 04:32 PM
MommyLovesLauren's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MommyLovesLauren
call you mom? If so, how long did that take?

Kaitlyn hasn't called me Mom in the sense of "hey Mom, come here" but she has referred to me as her Mom to several people. She started doing that after only a few days of being here this time. It's not a bad thing, but I was sorta taken aback, I definitely didn't expect that so soon. I actually never even considered it would happen since she is kinda past the age where a kid might do that.

Last edited by MommyLovesLauren; July 25th, 2009 at 04:33 PM. Reason: fixed word
July 26th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi,

Yes she does. Well actually she calls me mommy Kelly, or mommy B (which is kind of amusing), but in front of strangers she always calls me mom. I think it is her need of belonging....But at first i was more freaked out about it than anything else. She was calling me mom with a weird kind of way and one day she called me Athena (the name of her bio-mom) and then it clicked to me that she was trying to place her mom on my feet next to her dad. It took a little try from both of us to make her realize how things stood. I was adamant that she will not call me mom and that she will not confuse me with real mom. That was 3 years ago when she was 6 years old. After some time she started calling me aforementioned mom names but it was much more real and affectionate. That i liked because it was indeed addressed to me kwim? The mom thing in front of strangers i say nothing to and reply as a real mom to for the obvious reasons. I don't know much but if i were her it would be real hard for me to call my step-mom, step-mom in front of strangers, or describe her as step-mom (and what that means) if front of new kids i was trying to make company with kwim? It would be much simpler and easier to call her mom and have her reply that way. More comfortable for all.

" \m/ Now Iím riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way Iíll cross the line forevermore \m/ "

Last edited by Ellemphriem; July 26th, 2009 at 07:10 AM.
July 26th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DSD (15) refers to me as her mom, but calls me Anne. She also refers to bio-mom as her mom. It can get confusing if you don't know her history and enough about me and BM to know who she is talking about!

I call her my daughter, except on the internet, where I refer to her as DSD. The only reason I did that is because I was involved in groups TTC#1 and saying "my daughter" confused people!

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4
July 26th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to sisteen
If he is talking to someone we know he calls me mom but never to my face. He calls me by my first name. I don't like it but have to live with it.

July 26th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Super Mommy
Deleted

Last edited by Raynee; May 10th, 2010 at 08:25 AM.
July 26th, 2009, 10:51 PM
MommyLovesLauren's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MommyLovesLauren
Makes sense! Thanks ladies

July 27th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
They call me Rachel, but they've been calling me that for 4+ years, and they're 10 & 8, so I think it would be difficult for them to switch at that age. They have started calling my parents Grandma and Granddad, though.
July 27th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Anniston does call me mom sometimes--esp since Eli was born--she will talk to him and refer to me as "momma" and then sometimes in public people will say "where's your mom?" and she will point to me, and not correct them that I am her SM.

DH had a fit that she was calling her SD daddy. But since she is with him more than us, I guess that happens.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search