Physical Activities? Challenge? WDYT?

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Who here works out? If so, what do you?

How many times per week?

How do you think working out fits into your life?

If you don't work out, why? are you planning on adding physical activity to your daily routine in the near future?

What do you guys think of having a physical activity challenge here on Blended Families? Maybe we could try to be each others' cheerleaders & help each of us do something for ourselves for 30 min. a day, even if it's at a slow pace, but just something new to your day, something just for you.

Any ideas? WDYT?

October 7th, 2009, 08:29 AM
ToonTownGirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Who here works out? If so, what do you? - I go to the gym and my SO and I are taking martial arts classes together

How many times per week? - gym 2-3 (try to) martial arts, 2 days a week

How do you think working out fits into your life? - it keeps me balanced, and is a GREAT stress reliever

What do you guys think of having a physical activity challenge here on Blended Families? Maybe we could try to be each others' cheerleaders & help each of us do something for ourselves for 30 min. a day, even if it's at a slow pace, but just something new to your day, something just for you.I think it's a great idea! Even walking around your block for 30 minutes will improve your cardiovascular health, and in the end you will have MORE energy!

Any ideas? WDYT? if you have stairs, use them like a step class, stretching is SOOOOO important, and something you can do while sitting in front of the tv. Do a food challenge, keep track of EVERYTHING you eat for a week, come back, and compare, trade ideas off of each other, swap recipes... just some ideas

Thank you
*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!

1st Miscarriage - not planned - June 29, 2010

Saskatoon Scrappin'
- visit my blog!

October 7th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Super Mommy
I'm not doing anything at all & I really need to be. We have exercise equipment & DH is going to get a place in the garage set up for us to work out.

I think that's a great idea. I'm on this "my diet" thing on Facebook & had lost a few pounds but haven't done it for a few weeks. You can track your diet (if you want) and your activity. It estimates how long it will take you to lose to your goal (if you are dieting). I think you can use the application outside of Facebook. You can also have buddies where you can see what the other people are doing & cheer them on. Don't have any buddies on there though.
October 7th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who here works out? If so, what do you?
Am a former athlete....i jog every day 1.5 miles. Used to do Tae Bo, don't have the time now though so i just jog a lot.

How many times per week?
Every day

How do you think working out fits into your life?
It was always part of my life. I feel sick without it.....like something is missing.

If you don't work out, why? are you planning on adding physical activity to your daily routine in the near future?
I don't work out only when i am dead tired.....and i feel guilty then

About physical activity here count me in.....!

" \m/ Now Iím riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way Iíll cross the line forevermore \m/ "

October 7th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I did really well this summer being home with the kids. I've lost 12 lbs and all my pants are falling off of me. I didn't excercise at a gym or anything just walked a lot - took the kids to the zoo etc. I felt really good. I'm worried now that it's too cold for me to walk outside (I have a disease).

I'd love to work out but am struggling to find the time. My kids & I are still adjusting to me being a SAHM. We've never done this before. So my 3 year old has been very, very clingy. I need to get him in some activities so he's not bored.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search