One of the worst weekends.....(x-posted)

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So i feel like a terrible mother right now. We had our Ped appointment on friday....(i had willingly delayed a lot of the vaccines) and she did 7 together.... Well one had 6 in it and the Prevenar (for pneumonia specially now with the flu) which was 1.....(pls don't wanna start vaccine debate - we vaccinate since in Greece in order to go to school you have to be fully vaccinated)........so the problem is the child raised VERY high fever and i had to give her Depon (equal to tylenol i think).....and she spat it and reched it back at me. i was panicked....! I mean i lost it. I yelled at my DH and i was unfair to him and i could get Stephanie to take the medicine....it was 4:30 in the morning and her fever was close to 39,5 celcius....she was kicking and screaming and i was trying to force feed her the medication!.....i mean i have NEVER done anything like that to her before. I know i did it because i had to and because her temperature was spiraling out of control. In the end i managed to do it but it was through a LOT of tears and struggling. I HATE myself ......i am freaking tired because 3 days in a row i slept very little since i was monitoring her closely at night and i was with her all day long. Also we had my step daughter over for the weekend and she ALSO got sick and we had to take her back to her mom.....and last but not least they stole my DH's wallet out of the car today!!!!!!!!!......... I mean ok whatever.......i feel sick and ill and my head hurts and i feel so bad that i forced my baby to do something she didn't want even if it was for her own good......am i the only one that feels like that?

" \m/ Now Im riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way Ill cross the line forevermore \m/ "

October 11th, 2009, 05:50 PM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
Don't feel bad. I got over the kids not wanting to take the meds long ago. I used to have to literally sit on Lilly to get her to take anything. She got over it and now she is fine. Here in the US it is also required to have shots but there are ways around that. Totally not going to debate this but you should never feel like you are forced to do it. Anyway. I am sure that she is not mad at you. Being a mother is not always fun.

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
October 12th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My children are fully vaccinated. I fully believe in it.

As for your situations, as a mother you do the best you can. In the end, you love your children and that's all the counts. Don't be so hard on yourself.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
October 12th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
I remember those days, I'm sorry you are going through that. One thing is for sure, some kids just don't react well to vaccines, my little Cooper is horrible & gets tremendous set-backs in his development. I finally saw the laws & how by law, if you do not want your kids to be vaccinated, you can state that it's against your religious beliefs & they cannot say another word, they can't ask you why, or your reasons or details. They literally have to shut their mouths & nothing else is to be said to you. You have that right.

Hang in there. It's temporary (fussy stuff) but it's hard when they are small & you have to go through that.

HUGS

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search