How to tell his son that I'm pg?

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2006, 03:22 PM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, so my fiance, Will, has a lovely (really - he's so sweet!) 9 1/2 year old son who lives about 3 hours away with his mom (and minutes away from both sets of grandparents).

This weekend is the weekend we tell him (the son, Kurtis) that I am pg. Will is worried about how to tell his son because he is worried his son won't really understand why Will will live with me and the baby, but not live with Kurtis. You know what I mean? Any ideas?

Also, he wants to tell Kurtis with me there, but I thought it might be better if they talked about it alone first. Opinions?

Also, Will was going to not tell him about the birds and the bees until Kurtis asks - do you think that makes sense, or should he tell him anyway?

He's a cool kid, and he likes me even though his mom and grandparents hate me
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

April 4th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
its always hard on kids when one of their parents live with someone else that isnt their mother and their new brother or sister..maybe you should have will take him out on like a father son event and have him tell kurtis there and see what happens from there...he could just explain to him that he is going to be a big brother but not really get into the birds and the bees (unless he wants or if his son wants to no)
my boyfriend will most likely be telling his daughter without me their because i feel as though its his place and she is really close with him..its not surprising that his mom and grandparents hate you whenever one ends up finding someone else..(also happen with me) sorry if i dont have the best advice..hope things work out well

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search