Am I just an overly cranky pg girl?

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2006, 09:32 AM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, so DF has a 9 1/2 year old son who is a really nice kid, but some little things are driving me nuts and it's probably just cause I'm pg and moody, but I wanted to check

1. (The less serious one Seriously - do 9 year olds really talk that much and that loudly all the time?

2. He says "dada" in a baby voice a lot and last night, DF laid with him till he fell asleep, and then went back and slept w/ him for another four hours. Isn't he a bit old for this?

3. Whenever DF and I talk, he interrupts - every time! It's like heaven forbid DF and I speak if he's around. I know DF won't do anything to stop this though, b/c he doesn't get to see him a lot (he has a horrible work schedule).

4. The kid eats and drinks nothing but crap (fats, sugars, etc.). That's just annoying, I'm not asking for advice there, it's none of my business I guess.

I shouldn't complain b/c mostly he is a GREAT kid, but #2 gets to me somehow.
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

April 8th, 2006, 09:58 AM
And he just asked for an XBox 360, a PS2 and a Nintendo DS within a 1 minute time span.

April 8th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i personally think he is a little old to be having his dad sleep with him..i could see if he is sick or something but him sleeping with him will become a habit..i would get really annoyed with #2 also..my boyfriends daughter says dad but if she said dada i would think its because of the new baby...its great that he is a good kid..but maybe his dad should tell him not to interrupt when two adults are talking because its rude and once you two are done talking then he could say something..about the systems i dont see why any harm in getting one if it was his birthday or like a christmas present but i wouldnt get them just because he asked for it..itll teach him that he cant always get what he wants when he ask for it...maybe his birthday is coming around? and find out which one he would like the best and maybe talk about what games he would want...

April 8th, 2006, 01:28 PM
he doesn't even know about the baby yet and he already has a gamecube at home and an xbox here and a game boy and he has soooooooooooo many games for all of them!

April 11th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Regular
Okay, Im with you on #2. My BF has a 9 year old duughter (and a 10 year old son and also a 7 year old son). They come to our house every other weekend. He just started seeing them again about 9 months ago after not seeing them for a few years (that story is in another of my posts on this board). Well, one morning a cpl months ago, I wake up at 5:30 am and shes standing in our room asking "Daddy what are we doing today?" And then proceeds to crawl into our bed beside him. I freaked out. The beds barely big enuf for us 2 to begin with. Then last time they were here, he had taken them all out and I went to bed b4 they got home. I woke up at about 3 am, and he is in her room in bed with her, sleeping and the oldest boy is on the floor sleeping. Then, he stayed home from work with them yesterday and today (its their spring break) and as soon as I closed the back door to go to work, shes coming out of her room and goes direclty to our room!!!!!!!!!!! For some reason this drives me insane! I told him shes too old for this, and he says its because she never got to do it when she was little?!??!??! Its making me crazy!
April 12th, 2006, 06:31 AM
sam! someone to feel my pain!!!

it is incredibly annoying! i don't know why it bugs me so much - i feel like it shouldn't, but it so does! at least he stays out of our room though. it really shouldn't bug me - mostly he's a GREAT kid.

he slept alone the 2nd night. phew.

April 12th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dont think its because she never got to do it when she was little..since she never got to do it when she was little wouldnt u think she wouldnt wanna do it now since she isnt use to something like that? im starting to wonder how my boyfriends daughter going to act when she finds out hes having a baby and she isnt going to be his only child..im hoping to move in with him in about a year or so but i hope things go good..i also hope things get better for u both!

April 12th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
well most of that (the junk food, asking for game systems and stuff) is just being a kid....now the 'dada' thing and co sleeping is a bit much for a 9 year old. Does he know about the baby. Sometimes the older kids regress when a younger sibling is on the horizon. They break out of it though. Now if DH is sitting with him while he goes back to sleep (bad dream, not feeling well, etc tec) I don't think thats a problem. But actually climbing into bed? I don't think that is necessary. You want to provide comfort but not be a nighttime crutch. Maybe you could explain that to DH?

April 12th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Quote:
You want to provide comfort but not be a nighttime crutch. Maybe you could explain that to DH?[/b]
that was actually before he knew about the baby. he did it a few months ago too. i will try to explain to df, but i have to tread carefully in areas concerning his son. he did actually climb into bed w/ him for about an hour, then he came to our bed, then he went back and slept w/ his son for another 4 hours (i had a migraine, i wasn't sleeping)

thanks all - glad i'm not just completely flipping out for no reason here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search