We Did It...

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Regular
Send a message via AIM to marthalynn523 Send a message via MSN to marthalynn523 Send a message via Yahoo to marthalynn523
The kids have been handed over to us, we pick them up today from school. The courts have granted us temporary emergency custody, until the 25th when we go to court against their mom! Now we just have to worry about getting them clothes. They have none, not even underwear, socks, toothbrushes and only one outfit from what i've been told. any ideas on how to start shopping for these two please let me know. we also have to pick up beds for them today. I'm not even sure if they have school bags... Talk about stress. trying to get all of this figured out before we pick up the kids today at noon. i am so new at all of this, and i have no idea where to start!!!!
thanks everyone!

April 19th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Regular
Send a message via AIM to marthalynn523 Send a message via MSN to marthalynn523 Send a message via Yahoo to marthalynn523
My yahoo sn is martha52385, if you happen to be online and can help it would be greatly appreciated!!!

April 19th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats on getting the kids!!!

April 20th, 2006, 08:01 AM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
good heavens! i haven't seen your previous posts but wow!

are they average sized for their age? you can just run to target or wherever and pick up some things by their size. or you could wait till you get them and pick out clothes.

twin size beds are usually fairly cheap from whatever local mattress place you have. or if you have an ikea nearby they have cheap beds too.
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

April 20th, 2006, 03:23 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Try thrift stores, they often have new or like new clothes esp for kids, who often outgrow their clothes before they really can wear them in lol.

Those would do for now, so you can focus on the bigger things. The underwear, socks, etc... walmart for the cheap.

Good luck (((hugs)))

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
April 24th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Regular
thanks for the ideas...yes we have the kids...but now im tearing my hair out. His son has ADHD, and no medicine because we couldnt get him into the doctor. the court hearing is tomorrow and she told us she is giving up her rights to seek drug counseling. but now she wants him to give her a ride to the court hearing. am i wrong to think that she needs to find her own ride, she didnt have a problem finding a ride to get her Meth everyday. I'm starting to think maybe I am not strong enough to deal with the ex and be a stepmom. His family still won't accept me, which means i have no one to talk to her in phoenix... since those are the only people i know...we have one vehicle...so im stuck in the house during the day, and no one around our neighborhood speaks english. omg im going out of my mind!!!!!!

April 24th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Sounds like the issue now is with your DH.

NO he should not be giving her a ride to the court hearing. Period.

YES - almost anyone would be uncomfortable with it - its not a typical situation where there is a good coparenting relationship. A ride to the airport between peopel with an amicable relationshp? sure... but youre going to court for a reason. Someone who neglected my kids wouldnt be getting a ride to the courthouse.

I would be upset, and you have every right to be. If your DH doesnt respect that, I dont know what to say. Other than it may be time for you and your SO to have some couples counseling to work those issues out. Things are going to be harder now than ever (((hugs))) and good luck.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
April 24th, 2006, 05:02 PM
you're right - he so shouldn't give her a ride! it's her own dang problem!

can you drive him to work so you can keep the car during the day?

his parents hate me too - i don't care

April 25th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Regular
well...today is the day. he just left to go to court, and she was too embarassed of where she was living to let him go pick her up. she is living in a truckstop carwash apparently. He keeps blaming my "stress" of this situation on the fact that I went through this with my ex, who left me for his ex when i was pregnant, after i helped him get custody of his daughter. maybe so...but im not entirely comfortable with him being "cool" with his "ex" wife. they aren't entirely divorced yet. we have been waiting until it was final to actually get married. they've been seperated for 4 years almost 5! I think maybe i might be overreacting, but i am not sure how to get rid of these "worries" yet.

about the car thing, im scared out of my mind to drive in phoenix but im about to rid myself of that fear by sucking it up, cuz im losing my mind sitting in this house!!!!

April 25th, 2006, 03:33 PM
my df is friends with his ex (though her most recent stint w/ child support may have fixed that) and it drives me NUTS! there is no dang reason for friendship with ex's! you can communicate civily for the kids but that's it! (at least in their situation - she cheated on him for almost the entire 9 years they were married - even when he was in Iraq! hello???)

you don't have to be okay with it. my parents are divorced and hate each other - am i scarred? nope. i'm realistic.

April 25th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Regular
It's funny that you say friendship...because that was the word he just used when he called me to describe their relationship now. Not only that but we had been talking about moving to the east coast back where MY family is(we moved to AZ strictly for the kids), and now he is trying to talk her into moving there too. wow did that make me ill to my stomach. i guess its REALLY selfish of me to think that she would stay 2100 miles away, but for her to move where MY family is...UGH...laughing

May 1st, 2006, 03:09 PM
I cant imagine anyone who WOULDNT be upset honestly!

I think hes pushing it a bit too far - if he wants to be near her he should have stayed married/with her.

Considering how shes treated the kids, I cant even see justifying it as "for the sake fo the kids".

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!

</a>
May 2nd, 2006, 12:37 PM
Regular
Well, this sounds like a really screwed up situation, and I am not really good with screwed up situations since I stay out of them, but...to the mention of counseling: Due to being part of a blended family myself, albeit a highly functioning blended family as the case may be, we keep a marriage counselor on hand. We see her once a month whether we need to or not. Nine times out of ten we go to work out some issue or another regarding his ex-wife and her white-trash ways (she recently dyed my 8 year old step-son’s hair in some crazy design, which broke the school dress code, of course), and the one time we don't talk about her, we talk about how we need to order checks or buy a new fridge or whatever. Marriage counseling is not a stigma anymore. There is no shame in trying to better your situation, whatever that may be.
May 5th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Regular
thanks monica. His ex, too, is white trash. We had to take the kids to see her last weekend. She is absolutely horrible. Every other word is the *F* word, she lives in a nasty trailer in the middle of a bigtruck parking lot covered with black widows and arizona browns. The inside of her house was so awful i didnt want to bring my 17 month old in the house. She is living with a truck driver she met, she says that she is riding with him all over the country to keep clean and learn how to drive a truck. In the meantime we have to explain to the kids why their mom is choosing to ride all over the country with a man rather than be with them. We told them the truth last night. My stepdaughter was a little upset, but she understands. My stepson just doesnt want to understand. She has 60 days, if she can't prove with a drug test that she is clean after those 60 days, then she loses the kids and all rights to them including visitation. Her meth habit is tearing her away from her kids, and it could be permanent, but i swear last night she was high again... I guess thats enough for now, sorry so long...just so much to say nowadays!!!

May 5th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Regular
We have had my husband's ex take a drug test as recently as last Summer as well. Basically we have her jump through some hoop or another about once a year just to make sure she is on the up and up. She always gives us reason, and the one year that we did not get the lawyer after her, she disappeared with the kid for over a month. She needs a baby-sitter, so we foot the bill for it.

For this year, we got a restraining order that "restrains" her from touching the eight year old's hair. It seems pretty ridiculous that you would have to tell an adult that dying a second grader's hair in a platinum strip down the middle is a no, no, but alas, some people should be shot a whole bunch of times.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search