new here and needs lots of advice

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2006, 09:28 PM
Regular
Hi everyone,
My name is Michelle and I have a three year old son a 13 year old step son and a 12 year old step daughter. I got along great with the kids until we got married. I still have a great realtionship with my sd but my step son is a whole nother story. I hope to get great advice from you all and maybe a new perspective in my thinking.
April 22nd, 2006, 07:31 AM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
uh oh . . . you're making me nervous. my df's son likes me a lot - i hope he'll still like me when df and i get married!

what does the sd call you? (i.e. mom, michelle, whatever)

ugh . . . teenagers! good luck . . .
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

April 22nd, 2006, 08:42 AM
Regular
My step sone called me mama michelle until we got married then it went to michelle. since i had collin he won't even talk to me. My step daughter told us that since we had the collin thier mother told them they wouldn't be as important to us and and we wouldn't need them anymore He trust his mother so there you have it. I really miss him and miss how close we use to be and wanted him to be a part of collin's life. I think how your step kids see you has so much to do with how the birth mother acts torwards you.

As for being nice about putting the insuarnce under my name i have never considered it that way. We are a family and that's what familys do. I just wish she would understand that.

I am sure many are thinking wow did she break up their marriage? The answer is no they had been apart for many years and she was remarried to someone else before i ever came along. She just doesn't want her kids to love anyone else as a mother figure. I am sure i would feel thta way to but i would have to suck it up and not hurt the kids because I have seen to many cases of the step parents hating the step children and wouldn't wish it on anyone. And heck who wouldnt love our kids right

Anyway i hope your situation turns out better than mine and the birth mother does not do this to you oor her son. It really ends up hurting everyone.
April 23rd, 2006, 07:44 PM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
My step sone called me mama michelle until we got married then it went to michelle. since i had collin he won't even talk to me. My step daughter told us that since we had the collin thier mother told them they wouldn't be as important to us and and we wouldn't need them anymore He trust his mother so there you have it. I really miss him and miss how close we use to be and wanted him to be a part of collin's life. I think how your step kids see you has so much to do with how the birth mother acts torwards you.[/b]
that's horrible. some ex's should just . . . be sent to a different planet. you could try telling collin that his mom is worried about him (i can't think of a good reason, but whatever) and that you want him to know that he is still very important to you. tell him that even though he might not believe it now, just to keep an open mind and he may eventually see that he's still important to you.

good luck!!

df's son's mom is wicked evil too - i put nothing past her
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search