How was your Easter?

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
How was everyone's Easter? Any pictures to share?

We had to cancel Easter w/ the family. My step-father was in the hospital for MERSA that had spread to his lymph nodes & was still recovering from being sick w/ a fever.
The kids did go to an Easter party (DH was amazing, he took all 4 boys by himself ) and that was good for them. Then Easter morning, they had a small hunt in our home b/c my older son helped w/ that, but we didn't have a dinner or anything. No real pics to share... just the kids in their jammies playing w/ plastic eggs. I mean, they're cute, but not something I would say "wow"... we're going to try to re-do Easter this upcoming Sunday. I know it's not the real day, but I have a big ham & all the fixings so we have to do something. We have 3 pies downstairs (which we can't freeze) & cupcakes, this house has it all & no one to eat it.

I was also still recovering from being sick so it just was a bad weekend.

April 5th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you're still sick.

We didn't do much for Easter either. We have no family & Dh worked. But the kids got their Easter baskets & then we went to the zoo. It was nice.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
April 5th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Super Mommy
I'm sorry your Easter kinda got derailed.

We went to watch the lazer light show Saturday night. On Sunday we went to DH's aunts house for a cookout and Easter egg hunt. There was a hunt for the older kids and one for the younger kids with a Cash prize for the most eggs. My DS won the older kids prize and DSD won the younger kids prize That's my babies. LOL. The cookie jar is completely full of candy now.
April 5th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
We had a reall nice time. We went to my folks house and ate til we could barely move...then sat around talking til around 9 and headed home. I think I was still full this morning when I got up. LOL The bad part was on the drive home I was so thirsty--all that salty ham and junk--so I stopped and got us some drinks. I wanted water but they didn't have any so STUPID ME got a GIANT DIET COKE...and was up until 3:30 am from the caffeen! LOL Yep. Nothing like 44 ounces of caff to keep me awake. ::
April 6th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to hear about your step-father and the fact that you were sick. Hope both of you get to feeling better.

My Easter weekend was really hectic. My stepson turned 4 on Easter Sunday so we had his birthday party on Saturday. We just invited a few family and friends so it wasn't a big production, but he had a few kids his age to play with and he had a blast on the Powerwheels John Deere Gator my parents got him. It was really the only thing he would play with. He'd put all his other toys in the back of it and just haul them around. Very cute.

On Sunday, we actually had to wake the kids up with promises of candy, they were both wiped out from the day before. They went to the table to find what the Easter bunny had left them, then got them ready for church. On the way there, we got a phone call from my BF's pain in the butt ex, saying that all of a sudden she wanted to get Meyson to go ahead and have his birthday party that day. (No phone calls about this all week before hand btw but I don't want to digress too much, because other than her doing that we had a GREAT day and I don't want to ruin the memory of it ) So after church, we had to let Meyson go with his mother and then took Olivia to my grandparents' house for Easter dinner and they had a little egg hunt for her. We stayed and visited for awhile and then made the long drive back home and all kinda loafed around the house for the rest of the evening to recooperate. lol I'm still trying to recooperate after the long weekend.

It was definitely a fun weekend and a great first Easter for Livie and I will post some pics as soon as I get all of them uploaded. I'm using dial up for the moment and it takes so long to get all those pics on Photobucket.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search