sorry my computer bit the dust ...i am back for now..and super happy

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Super Mommy
hey
sorry my computer bit the dust so i am on a friends for now.
Great news in our bit of the world. we have a court date for full custody of DSS and DSS's 9month old brother. We have joint custody right now...got that in feb.. of DSS and they have been with us for 2months now..been home for 3days before that and were here 6weeks before they went home. So the court counseler was on our side when we went to see her. We go to court in may. And the 9month olds dad has already signed the papers..so we are only fighting mom.
Social services told us to go forward and get them because since there is a custody issue they cant intervine..The police are involved because of sexual abuse charges pending.
We are going for full custody and only supervised visitation by her.
we dont have to send them home and there is no police invervention onfile so she cant call them to get them to bring them home. have got this verified by a lawyer and the police officer we are dealing with. They wont let them go back to a bad situation.
Right now I am beyond happy.
Everything is starting to settle down and our DSS is almost potty trained yay. Plus little one is starting to get the idea to crawl...sooo many big steps since coming to our house.

April 6th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Super Mommy
That is so wonderful!!!! I'm so glad for you guys. I know it's been a rough road and felt like there was no hope from the system, but I'm so glad that it finally all came together. Good luck in May!
April 6th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
WOOOHOOO! Good deal! I'll keep you in my prayers!
April 6th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY!!!!!!

I'm so glad things are going your way finally!

And can I say again how amazing it is that you are taking on the 9 month old as well. It's easy to take responsibility for your Dh child but to take on his sibling as well is great. You and your dh are amazing people and these kids are lucky to have you!

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search