I don't know what to think

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Super Mommy
deleted

Last edited by Raynee; April 7th, 2010 at 06:16 PM.
April 6th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Have you told your MIL what your son's reaction was? I would. Especially the part about how that would be stealing from the little kids. I say stand up to her and back your son. If she STILL chooses to believe the worst, then that's her decision but at least your son will know that YOU believed him!
I think it sounds like someone was juat a tad jealous and is now lashing out OR that someone's child said something and they're making up the story about him getting caught stealing. Either way, I think it's ridiculous for them to make such a big deal out of an Easter Egg hunt that didn't turn out the way they wanted. And WHY was ANYONE throwing raw eggs at ANYONE??? That is just stupid! Aside from the fact that it gets inside your shoes and all over your clothing (and I doubt everyone brought a change of clothes and shoes) raw eggs can carry salmonella...so let's cover our children with that and then call them to dinner! I'd have been furious if they'd have done that to my son, too. As far as the stink--I don't think that will be an issue. The egg will dry and flake off before it becomes stinky but it would still upset me that it was all over him.
April 6th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Super Mommy
deleted

Last edited by Raynee; April 7th, 2010 at 06:17 PM.
April 6th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oy this is why I'm glad we have no family lol!

I don't know how many kids were there but is it possible that someone mixed up the kids and thought it was your ds and it was someone else's kid?

That's the only logical explanation I can think of. I hope it's that and not someone being vindictive to an innocent child. Although the story sounds fishy... If a kid gets caught stealing, they don't usually say "I was just helping myself...."

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
April 6th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
I don't know how many kids were there as Kris had said but I suppose things can get crazy & sometimes interpreted wrong by others. It's also possible that he did it too. Some kids just get jealous & do dumb things & lie a lot. I've caught my DS swear up & down that he's not involved & then later on find out that he was & by his reaction I refused to believe it at first. This is hard.

I would have a talk w/ her about his response. That's all I can think of. Kids are weird in that they lie a lot, like, constantly, they just do at that age, but at the same time saying "I was just helping myself"... isn't the norm, but I've heard my DS say that in the past & he was guilty, not those exact words but you get the idea.

I am frustrated for you, it sounds like your son is being singled out & I know what that's like, my DS is always singled out in certain situations that don't just usually involve him, it bothers me. And I can understand why at times, he's older but my 3 (almost 4 year old) is no angel either...and my 2 year old is right behind him.

I think it's ridiculous that you have to have this issue at all after all, it's Easter, it isn't about money, candy, etc., it's about Religion (for those that are Catholic/Christians/Lutherans etc.) it means more than Cotton Tails & Candy.

My DS was upset about having to not get a "basket" for Easter, but he helped me hide the eggs (I was sick so he was good about that), he helped T.T. ( my little guy ) open the eggs & he was good about that but I've noticed that Cooper's candy is almost gone! And I know that Cooper hasn't helped himself, it's out of reach, so I know my DS is eating it.

I would just let this go honestly, but that JMHO. It seems so petty to me at the end of the day. So many bigger fish to fry rather than saying "he got more candy/money than me"... who cares. I don't think your DS stole anything, he might have been faster at getting them, but again, if he's allowed to egg hunt, all bets are off I suppose. It would be nice if he allowed the little ones to get more (just a nice thing to do), but he's a kid, kids do that.

Okay, so I realize that I went back & forth on this & probably didn't help you that much. I just think it stinks that Easter has to be an issue really. It shouldn't be.

April 6th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Super Mommy
deleted

April 6th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Super Mommy
deleted

April 6th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
I don't think MIL can get away w/ this behavior b/c of her upbringing, you can't blame your past for your future, unless you are irresponsible. JMHO If that were the case, I would be a mean, nasty witch! LOL... sorry, but true.

As far as her making this more & if you truly believe your DS, I would have your DH bring this up to MIL, not you. Unless, she asks you about it. I would keep a close eye on DS when he's around MIL, watch to make sure you have him in sight so that she can't pin something on him in the future. I know you shouldn't have to do that, but it's easier than having your DS be blamed for something he didn't do, you being upset, MIL being rude/mean, and then you having to try to figure out what happened.

April 6th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Super Mommy
deleted

Last edited by Raynee; April 7th, 2010 at 06:18 PM.
April 6th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think it's weird too. Plus whether or not you're working is NONE of their business. Have they watched the news???? Being off for a year isn't out of the norm these days. I've been off since June last year myself. I'm looking but can't find anything.

Not all kids are liars. My dd tries sometime but can't do it without smiling. So I always know. I'm not a good liar & never have been so I think she takes after me lol.

April 6th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would trust what you feel about your DS telling the truth. Mothers are generally a good judge of these things, almost like human lie detectors lol and I think it would be safe to say that you know your son better than any of your inlaws. I wouldn't try to make a big deal about it though. This is something petty and most likely just something that jealousy from another family member has brought forth. However, if it is brought up again by someone else, I would definitely stand my ground and back up my DS.
April 6th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Super Mommy
deleted

Last edited by Raynee; April 7th, 2010 at 06:18 PM.
April 7th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think that's a good idea. Thanks for reminding me how screwy family gatherings can be. I always get a bit depressed because we don't have any family really and holidays seem lonely. Then I hear stories & I feel better.

Day at the zoo - frozen pizza with family for dinner.... Good day lol!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search