Blending our families...

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Ilovbnamomx3's Avatar Mommy to 4 boys
Hi my name is Dawn and I'm engaged to Bill. I have 3 sons, ages 13 and 12 year old twins. Bill has a 17 year old son. We just found out we are 8 weeks pregnant. Boy - is life stressful! Bill has full custody of his son and I have custody of my boys, but they do visit their dad every other weekend and Wed nights. So far, everything has been going along smoothly for us. Our boys were best friends before we ever even met. They were actually the ones who set us up.

I look forward to getting to know everyone. I'm sure life isn't always going to go smoothly! It'll be nice to have other families to chat with!
May 6th, 2010, 01:54 PM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Dawn!!!

I'm Tiffany, engaged to Brandon. I have 2 sons, 13 & 6. He has a daughter and son, 11 & 8. And we are expecting our first together next month...
We've had a fairly smooth transition into being a blended family as well, but some issues still come up occasionally also...

Welcome to Blended Families!!

~~Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~~

May 6th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love that your boys set you up! That's so cool! And I'm glad they were friends. That should make everything go more smoothly.

Congrats on the pregnancy! Do the boys know yet? Hopefully they will see it as a good thing!

BTW I'm Kris one of the co-hosts. I'm married do Bryan. We have son together who is 4 and Dh adopted my dd (8) from a previous marriage. Dh has 2 dds 11 & 15 that live in another state with their bio mom. His oldest has not taken well to our relationship or our son.....

I'm looking forward to getting to know you & hearing more about your situation!

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
May 8th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Welcome Dawn, I am Chantelle, one of the co-hosts here on BF's. I am both a step & bio-mom. I have a son who's 9 from a previous relationship, my DH has a son who is 12 from his 1st marriage. Together, we've added two more boys, ages 4 & 2 to the crew. I am outnumbered by boys to say the least & we are DONE having more kids. I have no more room, money, space & sanity, lol.

I love reading posts like this, a great mix, positive & ITA w/ Kris, how cute is it that your kids set you up! Adorable. The kids are friends & you don't have to worry about them getting along or trying to understand where they fit. Obviously some challenges might come to light but it sounds like things are pretty positive. I'd say that out of every Blended Family story that I've heard, you've been the easiest when it comes to transition. Love it!

Again welcome, and if you need anything you can PM me at any time. There is a great group of gals here & there isn't much fluff, although we occasionally try to add some fluff, it seems to be more of a venting board or having issues & what do when you have them. In your case, you sound to have a lot of positive things happening, so please, share them w/ the board. We'd love to read the positives (and negatives if you have those too), so that we can understand how lovely a Blended Family can truly be.

(((HUGS)))
~C

May 9th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Dawn. I'm Amanda. My BF has a 4 year old little boy from a previous marriage that lives with us and visits his biomom about every other weekend. We also have a little girl together that is turning 1 on the 28th of this month.

Glad to hear that things are going so smoothly for you and your boys and even when you start to have some rocky times here and there (all of us do), this is a great place to vent. I'm sure just about whatever you go through, one of us have been there at one time or another.

Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search