My nightmare weekend

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Never mind

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah

Last edited by My2miracles; May 7th, 2010 at 12:47 PM.
May 8th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
No "never mind's" Kris... what's going on. Let's get you some help, advice or if you want to just vent, that's okay too. Are you okay? What's up? If you are uncomfy w/ sharing the public, post on the private or PM/email me, you have all of my info.

(((HUGS)))

May 10th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Chantelle!

I was just freaking out. I had my parents & my mil visiting this weekend. My parents -well mostly my dad can be a real challenge to say the least. I was very stress out.

For the most part it went well. At least until my dad walked out on dinner last night. Wasn't a total surprise as it was building in him all day. See he's a real B#@#@#d. Selfish, childish, uncompromising, completely negative and unaccepting of imprefection. And the only one who is perfect is him sadly.

But my kids were tired & acting up. We had a busy 2 days. And he got mad because he didn't like the way I handled them. So he stormed out.

The good thing that happened is my mother didn't follow him. She stayed even when he went back to the hotel by himself. She actually yelled at him before he left. She finally after almost 50 years is standing up to him. It was good. And she and I had a good conversation. I think she started to realize that she's missing out on a relationship with my & my kids because of him. I honestly don't ever want to see him again. It's just too hard.

And he made Lucy cry twice! That to me is unforgivable. She cried Friday night because of how he talked to her & then he was so nice to Noah (ds). And then she cried last night because she felt it was her fault that he left because she was being mad.

I tried to tell her last night that it wasn't her fault. But she was very tired and grumpy so wasn't listening. I'm going to talk to her again today after school. My dad has been that way his entire life & it's nothing she did. She's only 7 and doesn't need to take that on. I did and I have to work so hard to undo it in my 40's. I'm not letting that happen to her!

Last edited by My2miracles; May 10th, 2010 at 01:41 PM.
May 10th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Sorry that happened. That's too bad about your dad. I mean, he sounds like he has a lot of unresolved emotional issues. It's a shame he can't see how many people he's hurting in the process. I'm glad your mother stood her ground, good for her, she needs to be empowered for that.

And your daughter, it's hard to explain to a child "why" a person is the way they are, and most of the time, kids automatically think that it's "their" fault regardless of the explanation you give them.
Just keep enforcing her positively (which I know you do) & keep the negative people out of her life. You've been good doing that for her as her mom.

Hang in there.

May 10th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Your dad sounds a lot like my MIL. Within five minutes of her arrival, she's already yelled at Meyson at least once and it's even worse with big family get togethers, she has more kids to yell at and she won't even accept her step-grandchildren as her grandchildren. She's definitely a piece of work. And all this time, I thought grandparents were supposed to be nice and sweet?!
May 11th, 2010, 05:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I loved my grandmother so much that I named my dd after her. I can guarantee that neither of my kids will name a child after any of their grandparents.

My parents don't accept my dd even though she is their biological grandchild. She's my ex's bio child so they hold that against her. They like my current dh better so they like his son ((((.

May 11th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's so sad when that happens. Kids can't help or change who their bio parents are so it's so ridiculous to hold something like that against them. My BF's parents are like that, but thank god mine aren't. Meyson isn't their biological grandson, but you wouldn't know it to see them with him, they treat him ten times better than either set of his biological grandparents. My whole family is like that with him and I am so thankful for that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search