Profanity reminder ****important, everyone read*****

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Just wanted to remind you all that JustMommies Community Guidelines states:

JM remove's posts that contain language that is inappropriate, vulgar, offensive, or that contain nudity (with the exception of birth stories or pictures for educational purposes, but they must have prior approval from a moderator before posting). This includes disguised profanity. For example, by using a word like the "B" word w/ some *** in place of the full word, this is STILL considered the same as posting the actual word. Any posts containing profanity will be edited or removed. Please respect the rules as there are other ways to communicate your true feelings w/ out using those types of words. If we can filter for certain environments, let that environment be here as well.

We appreciate your cooperation regarding this.

June 4th, 2010, 08:54 PM
JustBecca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to JustBecca
**** *** **** ** **** *** *****????

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
June 5th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Becca lol!!!!!

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
June 6th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBecca View Post
**** *** **** ** **** *** *****????

June 7th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Sorry I had no choice but to do that. I was laughing the entire time too and Kal must think I am crazy now.

Thank you ~* Helen *~ for the best all about me siggie! You are absolutely fabulous!
June 8th, 2010, 07:35 AM
No, trust me, I was laughing. And to be honest, I was betting that you'd respond that way almost 99%. Not that it's a bad thing, I just knew you'd be the one to put a funny spin on it.

Now... as a host, I must say, "swearing" is bad, no "profanity"...no "mean" comments, nothing "rude"...etc., we all must be nice & love one another, no matter what! If you do not agree w/ someone, just agree to disagree. God forbid anyone truly make someone uncomfy, right? We all have to live in a land of lollipops, gummies bears & marshmallows.

June 10th, 2010, 11:40 AM
/begin rant

I am sorry but the last I checked I was an adult and if I choose use "bad words" then that is completely on me. No one is forcing anyone to use nor repeat nor even read a post that I write. If "bad words" offend someone then I think that they need to take a good hard look at themselves and figure out a way to toughen up. Maybe it is my childhood that did this to me but really if reading the F bomb in someones post is the biggest thing that you can complain about then I feel sorry for you. It is not like anyone is telling anyone to drink bleach and die or shave with a rusty chainsaw or anything like that....

/end rant

**This post was in no way pointed at any person. The use of "you" is just a general word**

June 10th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBecca View Post
/begin rant

I am sorry but the last I checked I was an adult and if I choose use "bad words" then that is completely on me. No one is forcing anyone to use nor repeat nor even read a post that I write. If "bad words" offend someone then I think that they need to take a good hard look at themselves and figure out a way to toughen up. Maybe it is my childhood that did this to me but really if reading the F bomb in someones post is the biggest thing that you can complain about then I feel sorry for you. It is not like anyone is telling anyone to drink bleach and die or shave with a rusty chainsaw or anything like that....

/end rant

**This post was in no way pointed at any person. The use of "you" is just a general word**
(begin rant)
ITA, I think that if an adult wants to talk a certain way, dress a certain way, then that's our right, it stinks about the rules of people trying to filter so much. I think people have become WAY too sensitive & if it's not what they want to hear (even though they've asked for our opinions), they get all bent out of shape, go off, get upset. Either take the info & use it or don't use it, but don't ask for an opinion & then get mad when you get it. JMHO... (end rant too)

June 11th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Agreed!

I know that I'm not always going to agree with every post on these boards, but who am I to stifle what someone else wants to say, regardless of whether I like it or not? Diversity is a beautiful thing so why censor it?

I don't particularly want to read a lot of arguing posts where those "bad words" are used every other word for no reason, but if they are thrown into a post to express an emotion, then what's the harm? If you don't like the word choice, then all you have to do is stop reading, no one's forcing you to read something you don't want to.
June 11th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Exactly! I mean, sometimes a profanity fits the issue... however, that's a "no, no"...my ONLY issue is when someone starts to call another member a name or be rude to them. To me, that's way worst than using profanity. I've been offended & treated poorly by another person on these forums in the past, and in fact, by the SAME people, over & over again. But...no one talked to them, regardless of how they treated me badly & clearly were trying to be horrible. To me, I'd be more concerned of the members who cause angry/drama posts...

With that said, rules are rules. Right?

June 14th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, I think that's worse than using those "no no" words. I hate drama anywhere, but especially on the net. If you don't agree with someone, that's one thing, but there's no need to be hateful about it.

And yes I suppose rules are rules, but that doesn't mean we have to like all of them, right?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search