My fun this week

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So Tuesday night the kids & I go shopping and at 9:00 at night my van dies in the busiest intersection in the Chicago suburbs. I'm talking where a 6 lane highway crosses another 6 lane highway and there are 2 left turn lanes at the light making it 8 lanes.

Fortunately there was a cop right behind us so he put on his lights & called a tow truck. I was so shaken & both kids were crying. It was dark and scary with all the traffic.

The suckiest thing was that we were a mile from him Dh came and he carried Noah while the cop helped us cross 5 lanes of traffic to get to dh's car.

So $75 to tow (it was relatively cheap because our mechanic was right down the street) and $780 to get it fixed. Alternator & battery and because my lovey Nissan - they had to flush the radiator because they had to remove it to get to the alternator.

Anyway I had to use the mortgage money to pay for the repair (fortunately I hadn't made the payment yet) So now we're 2 months behind on the mortgage because I've been unemployed for a year.

I was supposed to start working a temp job this past Monday but the paperwork didn't get finished in time on their end so now I'm supposed to start next Monday. That was $1,200 I was counting on.

And I got a letter from the IRS saying I owe them $1,155 from my 2008 tax return. Turbo tax didn't handle a transaction right

I'm done. I'm just so burnt out. I'm just so tired! There was a light at the end of the tunnel & then the door slammed shut & we are worse off than before. I'm so tired of this. I cried all day yesterday & I never cry. My poor kids 'cause it's just me so they had to deal with it.

I hope we have a better day today. Thanks for letting me vent.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
June 9th, 2010, 10:49 AM
ToonTownGirl's Avatar Super Mommy
{{{SUPER HUGS}}} I'm sorry to hear you are going through such a hard time Kris, I hope it does get better for you soon!

Thank you
*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!

1st Miscarriage - not planned - June 29, 2010

Saskatoon Scrappin'
- visit my blog!

June 9th, 2010, 07:43 PM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry Kris!!! I hope things get better from here!

~~Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~~

June 10th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Sweetie... I read your post about the money & I was just talking to one of my BFF's today (she owns gyms, should have money) but she doesn't & she said "I think everyone is feeling the bad economy & having money problems"...she went on to say that her sister in law (who is a PT & works), had mentioned that she had $6.00 in her checking... we're not that far off from that # either. I did pay my mortgages (2 of them) but I have yet to pay for my utilities, my car payment, my husbands license renewals that are due & I can't NOT pay them otherwise he can't work if the license is suspended. All this costs money & we don't have any.

I actually can't buy laundry detergent! I can't wash my clothes b/c all my detergent is gone & can't afford to go to BJ's to get more. Sucks! The whole thing sucks.

Sorry about your vehicle... I need to do a slight repair on mine, which is not part of my warranty & I have no $ for that but at least I can drive it.

I'm so sorry about the IRS too... did you have anyone look at your taxes before you sent it out or did you do them yourself? We stopped doing our taxes like that (well I should say me, b/c it was me who always did them & I did them for my father's business, so I'm good at it), well... I decided to have a lawyer do our taxes, he's fast & for $80.00 well worth the $ and if something's wrong, it's on HIM to fix & pay it, not us. But, that's not something you can change now.

Do you have any more leads w/ work? Have you thought of other areas of work besides what you've been doing?

I really hope things turn around. I know what you mean about being burnt out & feeling overwhelmed. It's going to be okay... you have to believe that. Trust that if you call the companies that you owe $ too (mortgage) tell them straight out, you have no $, you are not employed, you have no way to pay them & maybe they can refinance for a lesser amount. I have a friend who lots his job over a year ago & he's on unemployment & b/c he couldn't afford the existing mortgage, they reduced it more than half of what he had been paying. Not sure what options you have. I know for us, we're not late but I'm seriously considering it b/c it seems like the people who are behind get more assistance rather than those who pay their bills every month & on-time, they refuse to refinance b/c our home is worth less than what we paid for it in 06', nice...

Hang in there & KUP

(((HUGS)))

June 10th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The rub is that I don't need someone to look at my taxes. I'm a CPA. I new the transaction was strange but I trusted Turbo tax. Said "oh they know what their doing". I will trust my instincts & knowledge next time. I do not need to spend $80 to have someone else do them. Plus it was a 1 time transaction and won't happen again.

My mortgage company won't work with me. Tried. They want to foreclose. They're idiots though since there are 4 abandoned houses on my street right at this moment.

I can't make the kind of money (aka almost 6 figures) doing something else. It would mean starting over at less than the $22,000, I have to pay in daycare. Yes, that is actually what it cost here for 2 kids. And NO I don't have friends or family that could take them. I'm all alone.

So I would need enough money to cover $22,000 a year in daycare and then $2,000 a month plus taxes to even break even.

June 11th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2miracles View Post
My mortgage company won't work with me. Tried. They want to foreclose. They're idiots though since there are 4 abandoned houses on my street right at this moment.

I can't make the kind of money (aka almost 6 figures) doing something else. It would mean starting over at less than the $22,000, I have to pay in daycare. Yes, that is actually what it cost here for 2 kids. And NO I don't have friends or family that could take them. I'm all alone.

So I would need enough money to cover $22,000 a year in daycare and then $2,000 a month plus taxes to even break even.
First I wanted to say that I know what you mean about not having help to watch your kids. I've been in the same place since my first was born & although I do have my mother who lives w/ in walking distance, she isn't available. My aunt (her sister) lives w/ in 10 min. and doesn't work, her daughter is in high school, drives, the whole nine, she has a ton of money & instead of offering to help, she declines! And when I ask for a sitter it's b/c I need one, otherwise I take my kids w/ me where ever I go. I also know what it's like to have people say "hire someone, put them in daycare"...and not realize the financial obligation is very high, you as you said, you break even. So it makes no sense. You work to pay a stranger to care for your kids? Sorry, makes no sense to me. I don't care how much you love a job, if you can't come out on top, there is no reason to work when you end up breaking even if not in the negative. So frustrating.

Back to the house on foreclosure. I don't get this. What happened to the bailout from Obama? I thought people who couldn't pay their mortgages would get help? I know my DH's pal was able to refinance & go from paying well into 3k a month to 300 a month. My aunt did the same thing & pays 700 a month for a 4 bdrm., 3 bath house. Meanwhile, we have less space in our home, and pay almost 3k a month, which includes just the mortgage, no taxes, no utilities, no insurances, nothing...just the shell of our house, not even the land it's on! We were told that if we stopped paying for 6 months they would help us. But I don't want to do that, and it scares me. If my DH lost his job, then that would be different, we're far from being good financially, but we're able to make ends meet & put food on our table. We are behind on utilities, but never on our mortgages (2 of them), car & credit cards. The rest I can sort of wait a bit if I need too. I had to wait 2 weeks to pay our utilities this month... I hate that b/c that's not me. But...you can't suck blood from a turnip.

Hang in there Kris, we're here for you. If I was rich, I'd give you the money, I don't though. Just think positive, know that people love you, pray for you & care, don't give up!

(((HUGS)))
~C

June 12th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
hmmm about the house re-financing, I don't know how they do it. All the people I know who are struggling aren't getting any help at all. Maybe they're not looking in the right places. For one thing, I think there are very strict qualifications. I know my sister hasn't been able to get any help on hers at all and another friend's bank won't work with them at all. There are 4 foreclosed houses on my street alone.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search