Good news/Bad news - Updated

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well the good news is really, really good!

After 1 1/2 years, dh's youngest dd is coming to visit us!!!!!!!

So it will start Father's day weekend and last through the following weekend.

The bad news..... after 1 year of unemployment I'm going back to work June 21. So what do we do with dsd when we're both at work??????

So the plan is hopefully the kids daycare can take her. The problem is that's $229 extra for her. I won't get a paycheck for 2 weeks & my unemployment ran out 2 weeks ago. So we are so broke it isn't funny!

I'm really grateful that we can finally see dsd - the kids & I all love her to death. but next week really?????? And it's all because bio mom is now having issues with her dh - possibly heading for a divorce. So now we're good enough. Like I said I'm thrilled to get time with her but I'm freaking because I don't know where the money is going to come from.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah

Last edited by My2miracles; June 26th, 2010 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Update
June 14th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
That is great news about DSD. The daycare doesn't give a multi-child discount? I am sure things will work out for you all.
June 14th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to hear that your good news has to come along with some bad.

Would your daycare be able to work anything about with you if you explained your situation?

Really hope things work out for you.
June 15th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
$229/week is with the multi-child discount. We already get that since we have 2 kids. Daycare is expensive. With discount it's $412/week for my 2 kids. Add another kid - plus it's their summer program and we pay extra for my dd because they go on field trips (otherwise it would be soooo boring). So we'd have to pay for dsd field trips too.

June 15th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
$229 is actually a bargain compared to the places in MA, which is insane, doesn't include food or snack, nothing... it's ridiculous but it's the norm.

I wish I had better stuff to say, I hope things start to turn around but it sounds like the issue w/ DSD is going a lot better now. That's a start.

(((HUGS)))

June 19th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes your cost of living is higher but so are wages. So it evens out in the end.

And it doesn't help me that it's cheaper here when I don't have the money.

June 25th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Veteran
WOW, where i live daycare for my 1 yr old is 130 and the higher nicer daycare in town. some are as low as 115 a week. i def couldn't afford anything higher than what i pay and they have no multi child discout... we have 3 kids under the age of 4 and #4 due aug 1st.

hope everythign turns out how you wnt it. our summer time sharing with my dss is the smae way 1 week on 1 week off its common for most time sharing to go that way
June 26th, 2010, 02:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My wonderful MIL gave us the money to cover daycare. It's a good thing too since I had to take 1 day off without pay to get through Dh's surgery. It's been an exhausting week but I'm glad dsd was here. She's wonderful! And she kept my dd busy & happy this week while I was focusing on other things.

June 26th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
OMG, that's great Kris! How nice... send her lots of thank you cards & some homemade cookies or something. It's nice to have people who care & want to help. Love to hear this sort of stuff. Positive, helpful, nice. I wish I could say that my MIL was just as nice (NOT)... lol...

June 27th, 2010, 04:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
With 3 kids, a full-time professional job, & a hubby that's recovering from a major surgery there's no time for making homemade cookies

Trust me, I thanked her enough in person.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search