Our most recent drama

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Well, there have been several, but the most recent was our request for child support hearing. Background story for any newbies since I posted last is that the boys came to stay with us in July of last year. Prior to that we had every other weekend visitation (and fought for 2 years to get that). In September we filed for full custody and mom failed to respond so custody was granted finally in January of this year. In April we filed a petition for child support which she failed to respond to and we had a hearing on Friday.

She showed up this time, go figure. She told the Master (in Maryland Masters hear domestic relations & juvenile cases. They are not judges, but the make recommendations to judges. They sit on the bench just like a judge, though) that she had filed an answer and that Neely had told her that she would never have to worry about child support and she has seizures and that he just told her to worry about herself. That is total BS, but irrelevant anyway since he's obviously seeking support. The Master gave her 5 days to file an Answer to the petition, which was today. She still has not filed an answer. The case was postponed September 30th since she refused to allow us to proceed that day.

So we get nothing yet. We go back in Sept. and we'll get child support then, and we'll get arrearages from the date we filed in April. The thing that she doesn't seem to understand is that there is no way she can get out of paying support, short of dying. She'll have to pay child support. I'm not holding my breath that she'll actually pay the child support, but it will be awarded to us.
July 28th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Super Mommy
Best of luck to you! I haven't had to go thru that.

I'm in maryland to so I hear about it a lot.
July 28th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisey View Post
Best of luck to you! I haven't had to go thru that.

I'm in maryland to so I hear about it a lot.
Where in Maryland are you?
July 29th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Super Mommy
I am on the Eastern Shore!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search