Hello Ladies!!! I'm new in here, allow me to introduce myself

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2010, 01:15 AM
Regular
Hello Everyone!!

My name is Jaci, I am 26 and my BF is Gil and he just turned 25.. I have a 7 yr old son from a previous relationship, and Gil and I are preg and due in Oct with a baby girl.

We got preggo last yr too, but lost the baby at around 8 weeks. It was really hard, so this little girl is a blessing :0)

Gil was my highschool sweetheart, my first love, but we broke up after I moved away. The end of highschool is when I met my sons dad, and we got preggo a little after HS.

Fast forward a few years: I ran into Gil again at my job and we were off and on for a little bit mostly due to my mistrust issues and inability to fully commit. But after our grief last year, we got back together at the end of last year/beginning of this year and we are working through our problems.

We're moving out of state (waaay out of state) trying to start over. My son and I are already here in MN, and Gil is still in Cali. He'll be here in Sept.

I'm really nervous, anxious, and excited about the baby, but I'm really nervous about being a blended family. This is his first child, and sometimes I feel like I'm having to catch him up on things... I dont think he realizes how HUGE having a child really is... and it makes me nervous.

Anyone else understand how I feel?
August 1st, 2010, 06:09 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Welcome! I'm Rachel, mom of three and step-mom of two who live with us full time. Blended families are sometimes tough, but can totally be awesome, if everyone is willing to work at it! We're glad to have you join us!
August 1st, 2010, 09:33 PM
Regular
Thank you Rachel
August 11th, 2010, 02:27 PM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Jaci!
I'm Tiffany, my fiance is Brandon, together we have 5 kiddos. I have Seth and Tarin, 13 & 6, he has Briana & Brandon, 11 & 9, and we just had Kristion in June.

I'm just checking in here, using a friend's computer but just wanted to say hi and welcome..

Being a blended family has it's ups & downs, and it was a kinda rocky start for us, but we have figured things out that work for our family and we are still figuring things out all the time. Just give it time...

~~Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~~

August 12th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Regular
Hi there Tiffany!! Thanks for the encouragement!!

Mommy's little cupcake

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search