Need to vent about SO

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2010, 11:45 PM
Regular
OK...

So We're in the process of moving out of state. My LO and I have already moved here to MN while the SO stayed in Cali to work and (supposedly) save extra money to have enough not only for the UHAUL but also a little extra.

Well.... (ha ha) this isn't going quite as planned. He hasn't saved a **** dime to come, and now instead of being here the first week of Sept he wont be here til the 4th week of sept. But wait! Theres more: HES NOT EVEN GOING TO HAVE ENOUGH TO COVER THE UHAUL AND GAS!!! LET ALONE FOOD AND MOTEL ON THE WAY HERE!!

I'll be 36 weeks prego, it'll be too late for him to go to childbirth classes with me, and baby prep wise: ALL I HAVE ARE CLOTHES FOR HER SO FAR!!!! no baby tub, baby wash, nail clippers, car seat.... absolutely nothing. bc we were supposed to shop together during september.

I should have known he wouldnt be dependable. I have been a single parent of my 7 yr old for 6 1/2 years and have learned in those 6 1/2 years that all I can cound and depend on is myself.

On top of this, I have been waiting for the jailbreak software to come out for my iphone 4 (he bought for me as a surprise gift from a friend of his) but now he has to sell it to make extra money so he can get out here on the delayed timeline. Not even on time.

He swore up and down that he would be different and he would "take care of me" and "spoil" me during this pregnancy since my son's father did nothing but call me names in front of his friends and family and put me down. I didnt have any maternity clothes w my son, I had to wear PJ's and didnt get to go baby shopping. My gma paid for most things w my son, and other things were garage sale items.

THere's nothing wrong w hand me downs and garage sale items, but I REALLY wanted the experience of shopping for my baby girl, and now I'm going to have even less than I did with my son.

*** my life.

Sorry, but I needed to vent to someone since I dont know many people here in MN and my sister is asleep.

p.s. I'm really sorry for swearing.

Last edited by givemewings310; August 2nd, 2010 at 11:48 PM.
August 3rd, 2010, 10:25 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
((hugs)) I'm sorry things aren't going according to plan, but hopefully things will work out in the end. We're here if you need to vent!
August 3rd, 2010, 10:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds to me like you may need to face reality. Do you think you guy is stalling because he is getting cold feet? Now that you & your LO aren't there is he having fun with no responsibilities.

I'm not trying to be mean but it doesn't really sound like he's making you a priority. I mean your baby could be born any day now and he's so far away!

I hope I'm wrong and everything works out for you.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
August 3rd, 2010, 07:31 PM
Regular
Its not that hes stalling, its that he doesnt put enough faith in what I say we need to do. I have 7 years and 100% more experience than he does and I know how to plan ahead and he NEVER plans ahead. He's a selfish self absorbed boy that hasnt grown the heck up yet. I've only depended on myself for the past 6 1/2 years and I should have stuck with what I know works: depend on yourself bc everyone else will let you down. Amazingly I have some amazing family memebers here in MN who are so supportive. But now I have to pull some amazing tricks out of thin air to get ready for my daughter by myself since I can't count on him. Maybe I need to move back to the single mothers forum? IDK what to do except just make plans w/o him and if/when he gets his lazy butt out here then he can do whatever.

It was my idea for me to comeout here first and then have him join me.
August 5th, 2010, 12:39 PM
ToonTownGirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2miracles View Post
Sounds to me like you may need to face reality. Do you think you guy is stalling because he is getting cold feet? Now that you & your LO aren't there is he having fun with no responsibilities.

I'm not trying to be mean but it doesn't really sound like he's making you a priority. I mean your baby could be born any day now and he's so far away!

I hope I'm wrong and everything works out for you.

Hope it works out for you!

Thank you
*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!

1st Miscarriage - not planned - June 29, 2010

Saskatoon Scrappin'
- visit my blog!

August 5th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Regular
Thanks guys :0)

Mommy's little cupcake
August 8th, 2010, 10:33 AM
MommyLovesLauren's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MommyLovesLauren
I don't have any advice but wanted to offer hugs! Hope things start to look up for you soon!

August 14th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
Im sorry! Im actually in MN also.... what a small world!!!!!

Also im sorry about your pregnancies! My pregnancy was okay..... but i deal with alot with her dad ( we are no longer together). so i refuse to ever get pregnant again... sigh! as sad as it sounds..... i hope the rest of yours is good i think its amazing thing...
August 14th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Regular
which part?? i really need to meet some ppl here lol

Mommy's little cupcake
August 14th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
I see your in rosemount... im north of you about 30ish minutes.. i live in a town called blaine
September 2nd, 2010, 08:42 PM
Regular
I'm sorry its been a while since I have been on...

My SO is pulling his head out of his @&& and frankly so am I. I have just gotten so used to doing things a certain way, and doing things myself since I've been a single parent for 95% of the past 7 years that its been really hard adjusting to having a caring partner and having to work WITH someone... Does this make sense? We're trying to sync into each other since we both have type A personalities, and I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to my life and I dont generally care to depend on anyone since I have always been let down anytime I have depended on someone...

But just an update, things are starting to look better! I ordered and received Seraphine's car seat, stroller, and play yard (and they all match and DO NOT have any brown on them! LOL). We're going to hold off on a crib since we're going to co sleep anyway plus we have the play yard. We have a good start on her layette, so now we just have to finish buying everything else....

Just 3 more weeks until my Hunny is here!!! I can barely wait!

Mommy's little cupcake
September 3rd, 2010, 05:50 AM
Super Mommy
I am so glad that things are working out!!!
September 3rd, 2010, 11:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad things are looking up for you! I've been wondering!

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
September 3rd, 2010, 11:33 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Glad things are looking up!
September 4th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Regular
thank you ladies!!!

:0)

How is everyone else doing?

Mommy's little cupcake
September 5th, 2010, 08:59 PM