have a question

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2006, 04:37 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
DS asked me yesterday "mommy, if there's a mommies day, is there a daddies day too?" I told him yes. SO he asked me "and do I get to stay here for that or do I have to go to only daddy's?" (he calls his bio dad only daddy because his bio dad kept saying "I'm your only daddy.") I told him that he gets to go spend the day with only daddy. (court order says so). He starts to cry and says "But mommy, I want to stay here for that day, I don't like going to only daddy's he's NEVER there!" I don't blame him, and I want to tell him he doesn't have to, but I don't exactly have an option.

Anyone have a suggestion? Asking his bio dad to join us for father's day is out of the question, he and DH don't get along and there's a restraining order...
May 16th, 2006, 06:00 AM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
aww poor kid! does his bio daddy want him for father's day? i would think if he doesn't maybe you could keep him . . . that's sad though - poor kid!
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

May 16th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i feel soo bad for him..when he is with his dad his father should be around and do things with so and enjoy his son..Maybe you could talk to him and see whats going on with plans and if he even plans on spending that day with him or just leaving...if he is just going to leave and not spend that day with him then he shouldnt have to go...

May 18th, 2006, 11:27 AM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
His father tells me "I'm there" but I believe DS over him, especially since it's usually Nana or "grandpa JD" who is doing the exchange.

I already have to go back to court to amend the visitation, especially in light of some new things that have come up (children don't lie when they are talking in thier sleep), and we're getting DS into couseling due to some of the newest issues that have come to light...)
June 16th, 2006, 05:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Why don't you have two Father's Days? Tell him he gets to have two and take Saturday and make it into one at your house. That way there isn't a conflict. You can make any day Father's Day if you really want to.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search