Visitation rant

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
W&C's mom is supposed to pick them up every other Friday and keep them till Sunday evening. Since the order was issued in January, she has not had them for an entire weekend except 1 time in March. Since March, she has only had them overnight 1 other time (July 4) and any other visit has been short afternoon visits.

She is required by court order to pick them up and we're required to pick them up on Sunday. She has not once in the 13 months they have lived here picked them up. She lives about an hour away, so if we do an afternoon visit we end up in the car for 4 hours. A month ago, Neely told her he would not do any more afternoon visits and if she didn't keep them overnight and couldn't do half of the transportation, then she just couldn't see them, as bad as that sounds. She's the one who is not sticking to the court order. He also told her that since she's not following the court order schedule, she would need to give us a week notice for visitation. She has yet to plan an overnight visit with them.

Anyway, a few weeks ago the boys had a dentist appointment and their dentist happens to be in her town, so I sent her a text message offering to bring the boys to see her and have lunch of something that day. She ignored the text. We even called her while we were there and Will left a message, which she didn't return. Again today, they had another dentist appointment and I emailed her and offered to drop the boys off while I ran some other errands in her town. Again, she didn't respond. Again we called (twice) and she didn't answer and didn't return my message or Will's message. Then she complains to the kids that we're not letting them see her, but yet given the opportunities and she ignores them. I just don't understand.

/rant
August 21st, 2010, 06:59 AM
Super Mommy
Mothers that don't make time for their children drive me insane!!!
K's mom only picks her up when she needs a babysitter for her twins from her 2nd failed marriage!!
August 21st, 2010, 06:03 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I know. I would move heaven and earth to see my kids if I hadn't in 7 weeks.

She told Clayton on Friday night that she didn't know that we were in town and he said "well we left two messages" and she told him that she can't get into her voice mail, but interestingly enough she returned Neely's call. He left her a message around the same time we did giving her some info about the dentist appointment. I just don't get why she lies to her kids. Not only that, I sent her a message via facebook on Tuesday, which goes directly to her cell phone.

Grrr. I could go on and on.
August 24th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Super Mommy
K is 15 and I took her to go pick up some stuff from her mom's work. She had left some things there she needed. K asks her mom if they could go school shopping today. Her mom says I have something to do, but I can't remember what it is, but I am sure I have something to do!!! K doesn't even keep a toothbrush at her moms!!!

I am always switching days with my ex so I can see my daughter has much as possible if something comes up!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search