Need to vent

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Offlikeapromdress
We got this huge packet in the mail yesterday from Xwife's atty sent to our atty who just fwd'd it to us w/o a stinking cover letter on what to do. But as Im reading it. They want tons of info, most of which I have already provided to our atty. But they want tax records and paystubs from 2002-till now, copies of all correspondence btw the two families, copy of our medical and dental plans, and a ton of other crap. I have been working on it all morning and am still not done. I have to go to Kinko's to make copies of all of it. But the hugest complaint is they only sent me an catalog envelope marked with 1.35 in postage...yeah right. I have enough stuff to send to put in a fedex box! lol.

This is ridiculous all we wanted was to update the visitation plan so that some things were more fair and she had to go and countersue us for full custody and now look where we are. This has gone on so long Im about due with our second child since we hired the atty..lol.

Thanks I feel a little better!!

3 angels, and a baby due December 08!
May 18th, 2006, 02:16 PM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that sucks!

call them before you send it and tell them all the info they requested is too big for the envelope and ask for their fedex # (i did that to the PITA real estate atty of the girl i sold my house to).
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

May 18th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Sounds to me like basic discovery questions. You only have to provide what you have readily available. I wouldn't worry about digging up old stuff, just tell them that you haven't kept those records.

I think you indicated that she was seeking an increase in child support, so asking for financial information seems normal to me.

Oh and if the envelope is pre-addressed and postage prepaid, just put it in there, without a return address, or put their own address as a return address and they'll have to pay the difference in postage.
May 18th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Super Mommy
yeah, she wants to decrease our visitation but increase our childsupport..lol. I have finally got all the info I just have to have it all copied and it is just normal questions. Its just been a pain in the butt. Especially since I think she will probably settle with us right before the depositions. That's how she is. She just likes to see if we will follow thru. Oh well. THanks for letting me vent. Im over it now..lol

May 19th, 2006, 03:40 AM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
yeah, she wants to decrease our visitation but increase our childsupport..lol.[/b]
the question is . . . how can we start a club for all the moron, PITA ex-wives? cause they really should all know each other.

oh, wait, maybe then they'd just increase their sick twisted powers.

nevermind

Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

May 19th, 2006, 06:58 AM
MorgaineNTannersMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
See I don't understand how parents can be like that. I'd give anything to have had my children with responcible men who paid their C/S and came to visit the kids, etc. I hope it works out for you and DH.
May 19th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Super Mommy
thank you. We try to provide a good environment for my sd. I know she would prefer name brand clothes, but I have three other children and we live off one income and I know she doesnt get that at home. I buy mostly all of our clothes at resale shops so I can get the namebrand stuff. I havent had new clothes in god knows when. But we make sure we get to do fun stuff when she is here, I dont usually make her have to many chores either. Usually just the dishwasher and we hardly ever use that. She has a gameboy, cd player, tv, dvd player all the things teens think are necessary. We pay our child support every month and have even paid for her school supplies, even though we dont have to. We constantly ask for more visitation but are always denied. Yet her mom is never happy. She actually had the nerve to list her reason to file for full custody as: we never see her. How can a person say that. Of course, my parents can testify that we do b/c everytime we have her we make a point to take her over for a visit. My parents adore her and our other kids. Everyone in my family makes sure she gets presents at her birthday and holidays just like all the other kids. My dh and I feel very unappreciated. But we are hoping justice will be served when we finally get to court. I promised DH if something ever happened to our marriage and we got divorced I would never do this to him. As long as he kept up his end of the deal I would keep up mine. But that is just the type of person Biomom is, I guess.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search