How do you do holidays?

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Do you switch off every year or do you have some other arrangement? How about birthdays?
August 24th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Super Mommy
My ex and I have such a good relationship. We switch off who has her on x-mas eve so she wakes up every other year at a different house. The rest of the holidays we split the day down the middle depending on who is suppose to have her that day.
August 24th, 2010, 10:58 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
According to the court order, we're supposed to switch off every year. However, her bio mom refuses to follow the order. She has told us "She will never spend Xmas with you." Makes me want to knock the ever living ____ out of her.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

August 24th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Arachne
Certain holidays we're supposed to switch off for... then we get the kids for 1/2 of winter break, and she gets them for the other 1/2, and I think which half we have, switches off also. However, since we're so far away, usually only the big time spans happen. Like they get a certain amount of time with their mother in the summer, but it didn't happen this year. We couldn't afford to fly to out there, she wouldn't fly here, and she wanted us to put the kids on an airplane BY THEMSELVES. One of them is 3 and 1/2, and my husband said no way in hell. She comes here to see them, or she doesn't see them.

However, she has no job, or so she says, and she has to split 1/2 the travel costs, and if she can't do that, how is she going to afford to care for them while they're with her? So I don't know how Christmas is going to go this year. She can come out here for it, but she has to stay in a hotel. She isn't staying in my house.

Although, it says in the paperwork that travel costs MUST be split 50/50, and once the kids are in your care, the expense is all on you. So, does this mean that she has to pay for half of my husband's plane ticket and half of mine, when we fly there? Does this mean we have to pay for half of her plane ticket when she flies here?
August 24th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Regular
Acording to the court order we're supposed to switch off to but mainly my son is with me most holidays because his dad really don't care.He didn't even bother seeing or calling him on his birthday.
August 24th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
According to the court order, we're supposed to split the holidays and she's to have them on Mother's Day and he's to have them on Father's Day. She had them for about an hour on Mother's Day and we ended up spending most of the day in the car.
August 24th, 2010, 04:59 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fright View Post
Certain holidays we're supposed to switch off for... then we get the kids for 1/2 of winter break, and she gets them for the other 1/2, and I think which half we have, switches off also. However, since we're so far away, usually only the big time spans happen. Like they get a certain amount of time with their mother in the summer, but it didn't happen this year. We couldn't afford to fly to out there, she wouldn't fly here, and she wanted us to put the kids on an airplane BY THEMSELVES. One of them is 3 and 1/2, and my husband said no way in hell. She comes here to see them, or she doesn't see them.

However, she has no job, or so she says, and she has to split 1/2 the travel costs, and if she can't do that, how is she going to afford to care for them while they're with her? So I don't know how Christmas is going to go this year. She can come out here for it, but she has to stay in a hotel. She isn't staying in my house.

Although, it says in the paperwork that travel costs MUST be split 50/50, and once the kids are in your care, the expense is all on you. So, does this mean that she has to pay for half of my husband's plane ticket and half of mine, when we fly there? Does this mean we have to pay for half of her plane ticket when she flies here?
I don't think so, I would take that to mean that you must split the travel cost for the children alone. Not each other.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

August 24th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Arachne
I would think so also, but it doesn't explicitly state. And if you don't explicitly state with husband's ex...

Guess we'll figure it we all go.

Last edited by Arachne; September 22nd, 2010 at 08:50 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search