What pushes your buttons?

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2010, 11:15 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
What's one thing about your spouses ex or your ex that really really gets under your skin?
September 1st, 2010, 11:37 AM
Super Mommy
My Ex NEVER takes our daughter on a vacation. His G/F and him go away at least twice a year. He never take our daughter anywhere. She has been to the beach because I take her. She has gone to Amuzement parks because I take her! IT drives me NUTS!! I know it's somthing stupid to complain over but it pushes my buttons!!!

SO ex drives me nuts because their daughter is 15 and her mom feeds her things. Like your dad doesn't do enough for you. UMMMMM He has her full time. He takes her where ever she wants to go. I actually think he does toooo much for her sometimes. She has 15 year old girl attitude and she pulls it to get her way.
September 1st, 2010, 02:44 PM
Arachne
Her need to control everything, and be in our business, even with stuff that doesn't relate to the children.
September 1st, 2010, 02:47 PM
ToonTownGirl's Avatar Super Mommy
the fact that they are always around... just when you think things are fine, one of the two monsters has to act up. It sucks because they both use the kids as pawns and it's not fair...

Thank you
*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!

1st Miscarriage - not planned - June 29, 2010

Saskatoon Scrappin'
- visit my blog!

September 2nd, 2010, 06:07 AM
I'd have to say her lies get under my skin more than anything. And that she thinks she's fooling us with her lies.
September 2nd, 2010, 11:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Visitations are always at her convience!

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
September 2nd, 2010, 11:32 AM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
SO's ex - the kids have absolutley no discipline at her house and get to have their way on pretty much everything and do whatever they want, then when they come to our house, they try to pull the same stuff and it doesn't fly here so they get attitudes...

~~Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~~

September 2nd, 2010, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2miracles View Post
Visitations are always at her convience!
That too. We actually put a stop to that recently. If it's not convenient for us and it doesn't follow the court's order, then it doesn't happen.
September 3rd, 2010, 11:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
That too. We actually put a stop to that recently. If it's not convenient for us and it doesn't follow the court's order, then it doesn't happen.
Good for you! Unfortunately for me, my DH won't stand up to her. He's afraid of losing his dd's. Which is ironic because he's basically lost his oldest already. Not because of him but because of his ex & her lies and game playing. And that his oldest who is 15, is also a bit nuts like her mom.

September 5th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
him lying about when he can take dd. And do whats convenient for him. ugh
September 7th, 2010, 11:40 AM
ToonTownGirl's Avatar Super Mommy
the other thing that pushes my buttons is the fact that DSS's "monster" continue to tell him that now that her and her BF are married, his last name is going to change to his, and now they are moving so she's going to move schools, oh and MY personal favorite, is that the child that his "monster" and her hubby had is MORE of a sibling than my DSD is... her reasoning, because he lives with her more than us....

*insert eye rolls here*

Thank you
*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!

1st Miscarriage - not planned - June 29, 2010

Saskatoon Scrappin'
- visit my blog!

September 9th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oooh TTG that's awful.

We have something similar. Dh's oldest has NO relationship with our son together because she chooses not to come to our house. She doesn't accept me or my dd who dh adopted. The ironic thing is she isn't Dh's bio kid either. But that doesn't matter in her twisted head.

Anyway, I made a rule that my dd & ds are a package deal. DD will NOT be left out. So my ds who is only 4 and was 2 when she decided she wanted to opt out of our family so she'll never know him.

September 9th, 2010, 12:59 PM
We have a similar problem here too. Will & Clayton treat their little sister (same mom, different dad) better than they treat Daniel (same dad, different mom). It drives me crazy that they think they are somehow more related to Jaci than Daniel.
September 9th, 2010, 01:43 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Oh boy just one? The main thing is how she expects everything to revolve around her and her schedule. She can never ever be put out for anything. Even coming to pick up her own child is a hassle. If it's not on her schedule then you better be driving her all the way home. Sorry but we live a good 3+ hours away from you. We're not gonna drive for 6 hours just because you feel like being a c u next tuesday!

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

September 9th, 2010, 01:52 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonTownGirl View Post
the other thing that pushes my buttons is the fact that DSS's "monster" continue to tell him that now that her and her BF are married, his last name is going to change to his, and now they are moving so she's going to move schools, oh and MY personal favorite, is that the child that his "monster" and her hubby had is MORE of a sibling than my DSD is... her reasoning, because he lives with her more than us....

*insert eye rolls here*
I've gotten that one too. Bio ****** told DSD that my son was not her brother because he came from her FATHER and not her.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

September 9th, 2010, 07:07 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There is more than one thinb but the major one is when he promises that he will get something for the kids or tells them that he will take them somewhere and then doesn't do it. You can't promise a kid that you will buy them a gift for their birthday and then not do it!!!

Angie

=May '05 and '11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search