Do the kids have stuff at both houses?

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Or do they pack a bag?

I'm really curious how other families do this when the kids visit the non-custodial parent. When my kids were younger, they always packed their stuff when they went to stay with their dad. It was never a problem for them and they never complained.

When Will & Clayton first started visiting us, they never brought anything. We had to provide everything they needed and when they moved in, they only brought what they were wearing that day and all their other stuff was lost when their mom was evicted. (but that's another long post/story). Anyway, their mom now expects that we pack stuff for them when they spend the night with her, but I don't think they should because she never extended the same courtesy to us and frankly I am afraid stuff would get left behind (purposely or accidentally) and we just bought most of their stuff recently and can't afford to lose it, kwim?
September 11th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Arachne
Mmmm... it was a toss up, really. Some complained that the clothes we sent were "junky." Well, I'd only send their play clothes. I wouldn't send their nicer clothing. Why? In case it got "forgotten." She ended up buying clothes for the youngest. The eldest we still had to send clothes with.

Last edited by Arachne; September 22nd, 2010 at 09:09 PM.
September 12th, 2010, 08:03 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I pack all of the boys stuff from our house and they use it there and bring it back home. Their dad doesn't buy crap for them and atleast if I pack their stuff I know what they are going to use. If I left it up to him, who knows what he would buy....like toothbrushes.

Angie

=May '05 and '11

September 13th, 2010, 09:42 AM
ToonTownGirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Both kids have their own stuff at our house and at their "monsters" house. DSD's monster used to send stuff until I told DF to tell her to forget it cause she would send ratty stained and SMELLY clothes. So I said forget it, I'm not doing her laundry so DSD can wear clothes. We bought her own clothes. She goes home in what she came in

Thank you
*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!

1st Miscarriage - not planned - June 29, 2010

Saskatoon Scrappin'
- visit my blog!

September 13th, 2010, 09:52 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
It used to be a combo of both. But I put a stop to him buying things for her to wear while she was down here because he would send them back home with her and then we never saw those things again. Instead she would send old ratty busted up hobo looking clothing back to us totally defeating the purpose of us buying her nice new clothing. Now she just packs up herself since she's so much older. The only things she has here is a tooth brush and soap. She has a thing about sharing her bar of soap with others.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

September 13th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Nope. Even when they were both coming, it wasn't consistent or often since they live 4 hours away. It was just too hard to do the every other weekend thing or even once a month due to dh's work schedule. So it didn't make sense for them to have clothes that they would wear once or twice & then grow out of.

Now we don't see the oldest at all & the youngest only 2 times in the last 1 1/2 years. But we're hoping for more. She's old enough now to pack for herself so she comes with decent stuff.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah

Last edited by My2miracles; September 14th, 2010 at 11:21 AM.
September 14th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Super Mommy
S has stuff at my house and her dads house. She spends half the week with me and half the week with her dad. Only thing that goes back and forth is a calender that has her schedule in it and whatever toy she is attached too that week.

K lives with us, but she doesn't even have a toothbrush at her moms. She has left more then one over there.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search