Pick up and drop off question

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Do both of you go or just the bio-parent?
September 19th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Arachne

Last edited by Arachne; September 21st, 2010 at 10:32 AM.
September 20th, 2010, 09:47 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Depends on my mood and how far he's driving. I tend to stay home for the 3+ hours one way trips cause those end up being 6+ hours in the car and I have a bad back. When the trip is roughly 3 hours round trip, then I go. Unless I'm not in the mood to see anyone's face.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

September 20th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Dh goes alone. They live 4 hours away so even though they meet 1/2 way between the driving & drop off time, it's too much for my little ones.

Plus I have absolutely no desire to see his ex or oldest dd. When sds was with us & Dh was in the hospital - bio mom was in our town visiting friends. I dropped dsd off at the hospital and got out of there. I have no desire to be part of that mess.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
September 20th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I usually go with Neely. He hates meeting up with his ex alone because he just does not trust her, so if it's convenient for our schedules, I always accompany him.
September 20th, 2010, 07:06 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH and I go together when we meet my ex, if he can come. If he can't, then I go alone. It's a 3 hour round trip and it can get boring when I'm driving alone.

Angie

=May '05 and '11

September 21st, 2010, 09:44 AM
Super Mommy
IT depends on what is going on. Most of the time I go alone because we meet for lunch to discuss the upcoming schedule for S that week.

He's ex calls when she is 10 mins down the road to let us know she is picking K up
September 28th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Depends whats happening afterward. If we have to bring my DSS home & we're going someplace that we all want to go too after like a store or place, we all go, if not, DH will bring his son home alone or take one of the boys or all the other boys w/ him. When my DS gets dropped off by his dad (my ex), he usually comes w/ only his dad but sometimes his siblings & step-mother are in the car, same usual reasons.

In the beginning, the whole thing about me being in the same car or having my ex's girlfriend (before they married) in the same car, it was awkward & jealous, hurtful, but now I don't even think about it. It's just another thing we do, like brushing our teeth. I guess to a new Blended Family this is a big issue b/c it can be uncomfortable & I can recall having my baby boy getting dropped off by my ex & his girlfriend & I used to get VERY upset, jealous, angry, bitter. Now, I don't know why I felt that way. Well... I do... I was insecure about my status as a mother to my son. I felt that in some way I was being replaced, that she was trying to replace me, that he would love her more or that I wasn't good enough, etc. But now, I realize that my son knows who his mother is 100%, and he loves both me & his step-mother, that there is plenty of room in his heart to love BOTH of us & that doesn't make it bad. That insecurity is gone & although I sometimes can get territorial (which his not common), I find that she gets me so much more than my ex & we are able to co-parent better now that we have a mutual understanding/relationship. Once you realize the threat is gone, and you can be mature about it, you can be a better person all together. Taking the hate out of it, the jealousy, it makes things just easier for everyone & the child (my DS) sees a happy situation, he doesn't have to choose who to love more or which side, because there are no sides. KWIM?

Gosh I just rambled w/ that but it took me back to a time when my DS was first born & how I recall when my DS would visit for a few hours w/ my ex, and how he'd be brought home to me & I'd watch from my 3rd story apartment how my baby would be taken out of the car seat by "her" (step-mom) & how horrible, angry & jealous I'd feel, how crazy my mind would make me. I can remember that day like it was yesterday in my mind. But I look back & I'm so glad that I don't feel that way anymore. Now, I don't even look out the window to see WHO is in the car, or WHAT vehicle, I just wait for the knock or keep my door unlocked & my son walks into the house & my DH usually greets my ex at the door. It's not awkward anymore. Gosh, I really hope people out there that are in the situation I "was" in, can get past it & get to where I am now. It's draining to live that way.

September 28th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Regular
I think it all depends on your relationship with the BM. And if your being there for pickups and drop offs complicate things. At first I didnt. In fact I didnt see BM until after my husband had custody. By then I had a relationship with my SD and it was a lot less awkward.
September 29th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
BF usually picks up and drops off is daughter alone or with one of my guys tagging along. Only because of the hours as the baby is usually sleeping. I have occassionally gone along but have never actually met her yet. She doesn't come out when we pick up or drop off.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search