Toy & Christmas Shopping

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Arachne
Does anyone have any idea for what they're going to buy the kids? Or the SO, for that matter?

I think we'll get the eldest a friendship bracelet kit, and a few crafty kits. She loves doing those type things.

I think we'll get the youngest one of the little kitchens, and a food kit to go with it, plus something else.

I'm thinking of getting one or two of those play doh kits as a joint present...

I have NO clue what to get husband. He likes expensive, computery stuff. No idea what I'll get him.

The cats, are far easier. I think they're getting a bag of feline greenies.
September 28th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Haven't really thought about it. Neely and I don't usually exchange gifts at Christmas. We just buy ourselves something nice when we get income tax returns. We don't spend a lot of money on Christmas because we end up spending so much on them during the year. Plus we'll be getting a new baby around Christmas when my daughter has her baby, so that's present enough, right?!
September 28th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Regular
I usually buy two to three Christmas presents each pay period starting in September. but I start with the neieces and nephews because its easier
September 28th, 2010, 06:23 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
I haven't even thought about it yet. The only kids that I already know are my brothers two kids. I've been saving up my mypoints points to get them gift cards. So far I can afford two $25 cards for iTunes and other places.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

September 28th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Arachne
We don't do much for extended family. I imagine we'll get my Grandmother something, and my mother and father will most likely get giftcards. Not sure about my husband's family.

My husband is so picky. I might just get him a giftcard, too. He's really good at shopping for me, though!

Rachel - My baby is due about 3 weeks after Christmas, that still counts as a good Christmas present for my family, right!?
September 29th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Super Mommy
S will be getting craft type things. She has way to many toys.

K has asked for a new bed set with flannel sheets.

SO I have no idea!! He said he wanted a nerf gun. He's the biggest kid in our house.
September 29th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Regular
Fright, I think thats a wonderful Christmas present for your family
September 29th, 2010, 11:18 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH and I already got our gifts, so thats easy for us...LOL
Jordan is getting a new baseball bat.
Jayden wants a land shark.
Christian-not for sure yet.

The kids already got an early gift: a pet snake.

Angie

=May '05 and '11

September 29th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
DH & I also don't exchange presents. The only thing I know for sure so far is that we'll all get new pjs. It's our family tradition to open new pjs on Christmas eve and wear them to bed.

This is probably the last year that dd will believe in Santa - she's 8 so I want to have a nice Christmas for her.

I'm also saving up my points for gift cards. We'll be giving gift cards to Dh's dds again this year. I know that sounds cold but they live 4 hours away. We barely see them, have no idea what they have or what they like. And bio mom doesn't coordinate what she's getting with Dh so..... And it just got too hard trying to figure out what to get them. The 1st 2 years we were together, I got the oldest and Ipod and a TV/DVR combo. She was very unappreciative even though I spent more on her than I did my bio kids. Plus they are 12 & 16 so they'd rather have their own spending money. Dh usually goes shopping with them.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
September 29th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Arachne
Outnumbered - What is a landshark?

My2Miracles - No, it doesn't sound cold at all. It sounds understandable. It sucks that the eldest wasn't appreciative for those awesome gifts!! I had to get after husband's eldest to say thank you for the gifts she got from people, last year.

SchoolYear - LOL. Yeah, I'm thinking baby's birth will be a good present for most of my family. I was agreeing with Rachel, too, though. Her grandbaby is due a little bit before my baby is due, I believe.
September 29th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Kris, that's what I do for my older kids. I always give them money and/or take them shopping instead.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search