How do you introduce yourself?

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Arachne
How do you introduce yourself to people, when it comes to the kids? I always tell teachers, friend's parents, that I'm the kids' step mother, because it's the correct answer. I had one lady, she was being nice, but said "Ohhh, don't say that." It just kind of got me to thinking... you know? I feel this is how I should introduce myself.
October 25th, 2010, 03:55 PM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just call them my kids.. If further explanation is needed (school, dr. etc) I say I am their step-mom....

~~Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~~

October 25th, 2010, 04:41 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
I've never had to introduce myself it's always been the other way around. I always say this is my daughter and leave it at that. People who know me, I mean really know me, know that is my stepdaughter and not biological. If you don't know me, then it's none of your business, IMO.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

October 25th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Regular
I took my cue from SD. When she talks about me she says "thats my mom" or "I'll ask my mom". So when I walk up to parents or teachers I've never met I just say I'm Jodie's Mom. But as a custodial stepmother for all but 8 weeks of the year, I'm the one thier gonna interact with anyhow.
October 26th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I always say my kids, but further explain if needed.
October 26th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
My bf doesnt have any kids... so its just my BIO kid..

But he treats her as his own. Her Bio dad can be a real dirt bag so, that being said we mainly take care of her.
October 26th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
I never have to introduce myself like that. My DSS lives far away & we're never included in school events (DH & I that is)... when DSS comes over on the weekend, everyone already knows who he is...

When people say something about "how many kids do you have?" I always say "three, w/ my step-son four & count my husband, make it five boys!" they laugh, it makes it not so awkward. It's how I've always made it "easy" for people to ask ?'s.

But I've never had to intro myself. My DH will intro me as "my wife"... if we go to a game (in the past for my DSS) and those people that my DH is introducing me too already know who my DH is & who my DSS is, so they know I'm a step-mother... I don't need to say anything else.

October 26th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't put titles on it. I introduce them by their 1st names..... Honestly it's no ones business. If someone asks I would say this is my stepdaughter.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
November 5th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Super Mommy
My soon-to-be step-daughter introduces me as her step-mom. She always has. My boys do the same thing with my boyfriend. Funny thing is, we have never so much as mentioned those terms around them. I guess it made it easy on us!
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search