Am i wrong?

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
Hey!
I just want to know if im at the wrong. Me and my BF both agree i am not.. so i want more opinions.
So backround of my daughters dad. He was abusive toward me so in 2007 i left him. Anyways... He went months with out seeing my daughter cause he was "mad" at me . I believe the longest he has went was 6 months without seeing her. Idiot. So anyways.... He takes her 4 days a MOnth. NO JOKE. thats it he wont take her extra EVER. because it interfers with his "opening his own shop in 2-3 years" really? You cant see your kid for THIS reason? ..... Why do i always got to be nice to him? iim sick of it.. because he thinks its ok to call me names..NICE....

Anyways... my car.. the one i bring my daughter to EVERYTHING too..... well i figure since he never sees his kid he could at lease fix our brakes.... But can he? NO of course not! And i dont think that is ok... Its not like im asking MONEY from him... just time and labor... and ITS FOR OUR FREAKING DAUGHTER!. but he said hed charge me 75 dollars. and he thought he would be saving me money..... true... although... he should do it for his daughters safety!

But apparently im wrong!..... i wish he would move away... or something he is seriously worthless...
Any sports or anything i have to pay 100% and it shouldnt be that way!!!!!!!!!!!

im super annoyed...
October 26th, 2010, 07:58 AM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does he pay child support? I'm only assuming since you pay 100% of stuff that he doesn't because in most support orders extracurriculars & etc are split 50/50 I believe...
Not to go into great detail about all the things that can and should be done, visitation etc... If he doesn't pay support I would just tell him in the sweetest way(I use that very sarcasticly) that he can either fix the brakes or you can take him to court and have child support enforced, then you would be able to afford to have the brakes fixed on the car that his child is transported in.....

That's just what I would do....

~~Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~~

October 26th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Arachne
I agree with MyBluEyez.
October 26th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
he does pay child support.. Although the whole 300$ i get a month doesn't pay for much! lol

I know once she has sports he wont pay for it at all... Im wondering if theres a way i can go to court for him to pay for hat also? or will they not?

I pay for her clothes,food,shelter, daycare,gymnastics, any activities she does,shoes, everythinggggggggg....
he has her 4 days a MONTH.. and still only pays 300 a month....

although i found out he has no rights to her
October 26th, 2010, 10:43 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
While he should be nice and do it at his own expense, time and labor that is, you really can't expect a person who doesn't do much in regards to their own child to want to be nice to you. In a perfect world he would see his child on a regular basis, help pay for extras, get along with you, etc. Sadly, we don't live in a perfect world. If he's really saving you a lot of money, then I would just pay the $75 and call it a day. Look at it this way, if he was do it completely for free he may expect something in return. This way he can't expect a thing. Just payment for his services.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

October 26th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
kat i agree with you..yeah to bad for that perfect world... but yeah i do agree so we will see lol.. i have a friend that maybe be able to do it also...
October 27th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.A.T View Post
While he should be nice and do it at his own expense, time and labor that is, you really can't expect a person who doesn't do much in regards to their own child to want to be nice to you. In a perfect world he would see his child on a regular basis, help pay for extras, get along with you, etc. Sadly, we don't live in a perfect world. If he's really saving you a lot of money, then I would just pay the $75 and call it a day. Look at it this way, if he was do it completely for free he may expect something in return. This way he can't expect a thing. Just payment for his services.
Every.single.word.
October 27th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
thanks ladies!!!!
October 27th, 2010, 11:54 PM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to add...
I know it may be different elsewhere, but I would suggest rereading your support order to see about those extras he doesn't pay.. Esp daycare, in most cases I've seen, childcare is either split 50/50 or based on the percentage that's used to figure how much support is paid.
Now the gymnastics and sports I'm not positive but I do believe it is also, it is automatically included in mine and in a few others that I've seen...

~~Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search