Positive Vibes Required

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2010, 09:54 AM
ToonTownGirl's Avatar Super Mommy
DF is in court today with DSS's "monster" over custody issues. DF is going for 50/50 residency/custody (they already have joint, but it's the whole thing that has to happen). DSS gets bounced around all week, and it would just be better for everyone involved, to go Mon-Mon for time. Then it's less exchange time with the "monster" and less stressful on DSS.

We need all the positive vibes we can get today. Thanks in advance!

Thank you
*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!

1st Miscarriage - not planned - June 29, 2010

Saskatoon Scrappin'
- visit my blog!

November 5th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Thoughts & prayers! Hope it goes well today!
November 5th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thoughts & prayers as well. I hope it goes your way!!!!

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
November 5th, 2010, 11:23 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Tons of positive thoughts for you guys.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

November 5th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Daisyfields's Avatar Platinum Super Mega Mommy
When you mean Mon-Mon....do you mean your DF would have him for one week & then she would have him for the next week & switch off? Do you guys live close enough to allow that to happen w/ the schools? If it can happen, then I don't see why it couldn't be done...but...it depends on the judge & what the circumstances around the case. I want to say "yes, it will happen!" but I also want to be a realist & say that most judges, they keep the kids w/ the bio-mom's 100% w/ custodial & the rest is visitations. Unless there are other circumstances that are involved, can be proved or can be shown that it's in the best interest of the child. I hope that in the end, the child gets to be happy & all goes well. I know going to court is stressful & family court is hard, it depends on the judge & it depends on their mood & what they believe in. I know that sounds like it makes zero sense but it's true.

I hope it goes well. KUP. I hope it works out for your DF. Is this an appeal from a prior custody order or is this a new order or is this a modification? How is this being brought up in the family court's eyes? Just curious, not that it matters.

(((HUGS)))

November 5th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Super Mommy
Positive Vibes!!! Hope it went well!!
November 5th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Well I didn't have a lot of time to talk to DF when he called so it made me worry a whole lot more. But in the end it turned out really well.

We didn't get the 50/50 that we wanted, but we did get more time. We got from Friday @ 3:30 until Wednesday @ 3:30. We then get on weeks that we don't have DSS over the weekend from Monday @ 3:30 until Tuesday @ 3:30. This is because DSS has Cubs on Monday nights, and it was the only time that we had to do a face to face exchange and it was stressful for DSS, and for us. I'm one of DSS's Cubs leaders, and well we had to blow out of the meeting and fly to the exchange place and it was always a cluster "F" while we are there.

So we had Christmas holidays settled, and summer holidays settled as well. We will now be able to plan things because we will always know when we have the kids.

It feels like the weight of the world has been lifted from our shoulders and we can finally have some sense of comfort now. We feel like this chapter in our lives are closed now, and the next one is starting right now.

Yes, Chantelle we live in a fairly small city and we live minutes apart. She tried changing his school when they moved but we put that to rest right away. He's not moving. They have joint custody, so she can't do that without DF's approval, and that will never happen.

This was a pre-trial. The judge doesn't make an order. It's like a glorified mediation, with a judge. So the just had a lot more pull in making people lean towards one way or another. It's either find a solution here, or spend another 10K and go to trial where witnesses are called and stress levels head through the roof. We are so thankful that this is all said and done now.

Thank you so much for your positive thoughts and prayers, it means so much to us.

Thank you

Saskatoon Scrappin'
- visit my blog!

November 6th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I'm so glad it all worked out for you!
November 6th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you got almost as much as you wanted! And holidays & summers are huge so you can plan!

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
November 7th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Regular
Thats wonderful. And Ilove your attitude. Most of the time people focus too much on little details that they didnt get. Congrats to you.
November 7th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Thanks ladies... this has been a really good weekend. We feel very much at ease knowing that things are going to be "hopefully" a lot easier.

schoolyearmama - after all the crap that we have dealt with in the last 3 years, this is a huge victory, and we blessed to have such an amazing little man to fight for. Knowing that we got a sense of normalcy for him, that's all that we want!

Thank you

Saskatoon Scrappin'
- visit my blog!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search