New to this

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Super Mommy
Hi! My name is Amanda. I am 29. I have 3 boys from my first marriage. I was married 8 years. We are in the process of finalizing the divorce. Should be finalized on Dec. 6th. I have a 6 year old and 5 year old identical twins. My boyfriend and I are planning on getting married as soon as we can after my divorce is finalized. We've lived together for the last 2 months now. I never thought I would find someone who is such a great father figure to my boys. He has full custody of his 4 year old daughter as well, and we agreed at the beginning that we would raise all 4 kids as our own. So far the transition has been very smooth. My ex and I get along very well. He wasn't ready to be a father and has a lot of anxiety issues but he has a great girlfriend who is good with the kids so they enjoy spending every other weekend there. I am going to have sole custody once the divorce is finalized but they will still see him every other weekend. So far this has been incredibly easy, so I guess I am lucky! Don't get me wrong, we've had a few bumps in the road, but nothing major.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
November 5th, 2010, 04:43 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Hi welcome to the group. I'm Liz and I've been married to my DH for almost 1.5 years now, but have been together for almost 8.5. We each have one from our previous relationships and our son together. I'm glad the transition has been easy for you. I hope it continues to stay easy.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

November 6th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Welcome Amanda! I'm glad things are going so smoothly for you! I love hearing that.

I'm Rachel, mom of 22 year old Sarah, 19 year old James and 5 year old Daniel. Neely is my other half and his boys, William, 11, and Clayton, 9, live with us full time for the last year and a half. My divorce with my first husband was 10.5 years ago and we had a really easy time after everything was said and done. Virtually no problems with the child support and visitation. With Neely, yeah not so much. We spent 2 years just trying to get visitation with them and then after 3.5 years of everything going so-so, she just decided she didn't want to have them any longer, so they ended up here. We're in the process of getting child support from her now. She didn't respond to any pleadings in the court for the change in custody, but when we asked for child support she wants to fight it tooth and nail. Go figure.

Anyway, we're really glad to have you on the board!
November 8th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
welcome! My bf is also in law enforcement thats so so wonderful!!!
glad its an easy transition
November 9th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Super Mommy
Welcome! So glad to hear everything is working out smoothly for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search