What are your Thanksgiving Plans?

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
And if you're in Canada and already had Thanksgiving, what did you do? Who has/had the kiddos this year?

W&C's mom mentioned to them on the phone that they are "welcome" to come to dinner with her at her friend's mom's house, but she has yet to talk to Neely about it. I refuse to spend my Thanksgiving on the road dropping off and picking up kids, so unless she plans on having them overnight Wednesday, it's not going to happen.
November 20th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Turtlesong's Avatar Veteran
DH is off on Thursday. YAY!! He's a nurse so we lucked up this year and he's off on Thanksgiving AND Christmas day! We are going to be having dinner at my IL's. They're wonderful! I'm planning on making the turkey, a pan of low fat/cal hashbrown casserole, and sweet potato balls. My son had wanted to go to Alabama so he could see my family and his Dad but it's just not happening. The toqure (sp?) converter went out on the car and it cost almost 1000 to fix. Now there is a problem with the alignment. I think we have to replace the ball joints & maybe more. They oredered the parts but can't get to it till Monday. I can't even drive the car much less go out of state. I'm glad to have him with me though.
November 20th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Care to share your recipe for sweet potato balls? Sounds interesting!
November 20th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Here's a pic and the recipe. I don't use the nutmeg b/c I don't like it.

Sweet Potato Balls Recipe
November 20th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Oh yea, I'm planning on using mini marshmallows this year and either adding pecans with the coconut on the outside or just omiting the coconut. These things are like a 2 person serving for one ball if you use the big marshmallows. They are yummy though.

I also thought about using crushed gramcrackers instead of the coconut to make them like mini pies too but DH vetod that
November 20th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Arachne
We're at home this year. We've got the kids. I'm making my first turkey ever, this year. Wish me luck! My husband is nervous.
November 20th, 2010, 06:30 PM
I have a full proof turkey recipe. I've made it for the last 6 years and it's amazing every single time! The brine really is worth it.

Good Eats Turkey Recipe
November 22nd, 2010, 10:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We're home as always. Dh is a chef/restaurant manager so he's working that day & Fri- Sunday. But he's still cooking. We like to have our meal at dinner time anyway.

My youngest dsd is coming to stay with us. She is a complete joy & the kids & I have so much fun with her. My MIL is also coming for part of the time. She'll stay in a hotel with a pool so the kids can go swimming. That will be fun!

Oh and we'll put up & decorate the Christmas Tree!

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
November 22nd, 2010, 01:44 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Wed. night we go and pick up DSD then have our usual Thanksgiving at my house. Sometimes his family stops by, sometimes they don't. I actually extended the invite this year. What was I thinking? lol

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

November 22nd, 2010, 04:50 PM
She called to talk to Neely on Sunday and asked to have the kids on Wednesday night overnight. So it looks like they'll get to visit with their mom and sister. I'm excited to have a little break from them, to be perfectly honest, especially since our school district closes for the whole week of Thanksgiving!
November 23rd, 2010, 06:51 AM
Ponyo22's Avatar Lindsay
This is not our year to have the kids for Thanksgiving, so we did the big feast thing last Sunday. It was great!

We are flying to Minneapolis to spend the actual Thanksgiving with my husband's family. We are bringing our infant daughter so she can see all her relatives (we live far away from both extended families). The older kids were bummed they'd be missing out on seeing grandparents and cousins, so we all did a road trip a few weeks ago to get them up there for an extended weekend.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search