Blended Families December Roll Call - Lurkers too!

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Who's here? How are you blended? What's the most interesting thing about your blended family?
December 4th, 2010, 01:33 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
I'm here

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

December 5th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Happy Mommy
I'm new here.

Blended due to my two daughters are not my SO's kids. we are pregnant now. it'll be my thrid and his first.
December 5th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy

Last edited by loveneverfails; August 21st, 2012 at 05:25 PM.
December 6th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm here! Dh has 2 dds from his previous marriage, I have 1 dd from my previous marriage that Dh adopted and we have 1 ds together.

2 interesting things about our blended (or not so blended family):

There are 4 years between each of the kids - 16, 12, 8 & 4.

None of the 4 have both bio parents in common. Dh's oldest isn't his biologially. His ex had an affair while they were married & got preggo. He raised the girl as is own. Then they had 1 dd together. I have 1 dd with my ex & then dh & I have a son together.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
December 6th, 2010, 01:55 PM
ToonTownGirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm here!

DF has 2 kids, 2 different moms, 2 different kinda crazy! There are 7 years between DSS and DSD. Hoping to TTC our first together in the spring next year!

Thank you
*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!

1st Miscarriage - not planned - June 29, 2010

Saskatoon Scrappin'
- visit my blog!

December 7th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Super Mommy
I am here!!!! Just busy with the holidays!!!
December 8th, 2010, 08:15 AM
AndreaRenee's Avatar raising boys...
hi I'm here, mostly lurking...

I have a 12 yr old sd and my husband and I have a 16 month old boy of our own.
December 9th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Turtlesong's Avatar Veteran
I'm here. I just haven't been here much lately. I've been on Sparkpeople a lot for the last few weeks because I'm trying to get back into my weight loss swing again.

I married DH a year and a half ago. He has full custody of DSD so she lives with us and I have physical custody of my DS.
December 9th, 2010, 04:15 PM
momma2011's Avatar Shannon
Send a message via AIM to momma2011
I'm here. SO has an 11 year old daughter, and our first is due in February. I don't think there's much interesting about our situation, I'm still trying to find my way in everything. I can say that my pregnant hormones and SD's tween hormones are not meshing well. All of my friends assure me that 11 year old girls are annoying as a general rule so I am just trying to keep my distance and ride out this period of time with our relationship intact.

Thanks to Graysmama for my pretty siggy!

December 10th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
Hi!!!
Im around...

I have one DD she is 4.5 years.. and her bio dad is in and out.. My SO doesnt have any kids... and we dont have any together .

just had a birthday. .. oh yeah!
December 14th, 2010, 10:39 AM
alyashlyn's Avatar Veteran
I'm new to this board just found it.....been spending most of my time in the pregnancy section.

I have three daughters DH has two sons and a daughter and we have one baby on the way. All three of my girls live with us and his youngest son lives with us half the month every month. His other two only visit during the summers.

December 14th, 2010, 08:18 PM
I'm new to the board (actually just posted in the other Roll Call) but I'm here We are blended from his three kids from two marriages, I have no kids of my own. My soon to be step-daughter loves calling me mommy & it makes me extremely uncomfortable, lol, is that interesting or just weird? lol
December 14th, 2010, 08:37 PM
ToonTownGirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome to the board! I'm a step mom to 2 kids, from 2 different relationships as well. And no kids of my own, hopefully next summer we can start trying for one of our own. My step kids don't call me mom, but I've made it pretty clear that they have moms and as much as I don't like them, and consider them "monsters".... they will always be their moms.

The ladies here are great and we can't wait to get to know you and hear your story!

Thank you
*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!

1st Miscarriage - not planned - June 29, 2010

Saskatoon Scrappin'
- visit my blog!

December 28th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Veteran
Who's here? How are you blended? What's the most interesting thing about your blended family?

I'm new here. I pop in and lurk from time to time. I'm usually in the 'trying to conceive', 'trying to conceive your first', and 'am I pregnant' boards. My SO has a DD who is 3 (will be 4 in March). We don't have any major problems (aside from the fact that BM is a total butthead all the time). I pop in and read about your guys stories because I honestly had no idea how hard being in a relationship with someone who already has a child would be. It's especially hard because we have been trying to get pregnant since September with no luck, especially since his ex is very pregnant at the moment.
December 29th, 2010, 06:14 AM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm here, mostly lurking and reading but posting occasionally..

I'm Tiffany, my SO is Brandon.
I have 2 sons, 13 & 7. He has a daughter 12 and a son 9, and together we have a 6 month old son. We have mine full time and his are every other week.

Something interesting hmm... Well maybe not interesting but challenging for me, growing up as a tomboy and dealing with only my boys up until last year, I find it very hard handling the emotional mood swings of a 12 year old girlie-girl..

~~Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~~

December 29th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
I'm here! I just found you guys thank god!!! My SO and I live together with custody of his 11 year old son and my 15 year old daughter. He has a 13 year old daughter as well who he had custody of, but after one year she decided to go back with BM because she says she missed her friends.

The most challenging part, if not interesting, is that BM is a monster and MIL is even worse! So it feels like us against the world a lot and we get no help or support.
December 29th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Super Mommy
hi im here, mostly lurking tho
im julia(29) and my SO is jarvis(26)
I have a dd who is 7 from my ex husband and SO has a ds who is(3)from his ex gf.
we also have a ds who is neither of ours biologically, but is his ex's by another guy and my dss's brother, he is 18months and has been in our house since he was 4months old. We have full custody of both of them and she has supervised visitation.
we dont see her or her ex alot, they have seen both of them 3times since may. my ex hasnt seen my dd in 2yrs.
we are getting married in may and hoping to adopt them all as ours ...and give them all the same last names! we have 4dif. last names in the house right now...kinda gets confusing at apts. and such.lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search