Intro and question....

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Happy Mommy
I'm deleating as I don't know if this is the board for me...

Last edited by w292737; December 12th, 2010 at 09:27 AM.
December 10th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome Rochelle!

Great name btw. My bff's name is Rochelle.

Anyway, I'm Kris. I know your concerns well. I have a dd from my previous marriage - my dh has 2 dds from his previous marriage and we have 1 child together.

What kind of relationship does you SO have with your kids now? Are you planning to have him play the daddy role or is he already?

I just asked because my dd's father was barely in her life when I met my dh. She was much younger though - 2 1/2. But Dh became her real dad the moment they met. 4 years later he was able to adopt her.

And I totally agree with you that the kids come before the man! Men come & go, my kids are my kids forever!

The only thing I can say is keep the lines of communication open with your SO and with you kids. Talk to everyone about everything! Have you SO do things with your kids without you. Let them build a relationship with each other. (that was the hardest thing for me btw because it had just been dd & me for so long). But if you SO has a good relationship with them and bonds with them, he is less likely to treat them differently.

From the other side, it is possible to love a kid that isn't yours biologically as much as your bio kids. My dsd was 6 when I met her. It took a while because she doesn't live with us. But now I can honestly say I love her as much as my own kids. She is an essential and equal member of our family.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
December 10th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Welcome Rochelle! Glad to have you join us here!

Kris has some great advice about communication. I think it's very important for everyone to feel like they can talk openly about how they are feeling.
December 10th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Happy Mommy
not sure if this is the board for me

Last edited by w292737; December 12th, 2010 at 09:27 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search