Does anyone else....

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 22nd, 2010, 10:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
get their husband's ex's mail delivered to you house?

So background - Dh moved into MY house. His name isn't even on the mortgage - just mine. But of course, it is his legal residence.

His ex & he went to the same college. We keep getting mail from the college addressed to Bryan & Rita Wxxxxxx. MY NAME ISN'T RITA!!!!!!

I'm so annoyed! 1 card said "Tell us about your love story" (since they got married during college). OMG I could write a story for them

I know it's really not the big of a deal but it really annoys me. It's MY house after all. I could see it if I moved in to his house that she lived in at one time, but it's my house & she never lived there (nor will she ever).

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
December 22nd, 2010, 10:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
OMG!!!!!!!!!! lol.. that is kinda funny... but id be annoyed too!!!!!! Id prolly tell them not to send that crap to MY house
December 22nd, 2010, 11:35 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Nope and I would blow a gasket if she was.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

December 22nd, 2010, 12:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy

Last edited by loveneverfails; August 21st, 2012 at 05:40 PM.
December 22nd, 2010, 01:04 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Nope. That would be annoying though.

Recently we had an IEP meeting at Will's school and I attended along with Neely. When we got the report of the meeting it said that "Jenny Mxxxx" was in attendance. Uh, I don't think so.
December 23rd, 2010, 07:24 AM
Super Mommy
We do all the time. This use to be their house. I just laugh at it and put it in a pile to give it to her.
December 24th, 2010, 01:40 AM
Turtlesong's Avatar Veteran
You may want to check your credit report. LOL. My ex husband moved into the apt with his gf where she already lived. About a year later I pulled my credit report and it had 2 of the 3 address's THEY had lived during that time. I, of course, had never lived there. It also had one of their bills listed because his name was on it and we'd had joint bills before. I had to get all that crap taken off my credit report. They didn't even get married till ... like 4 or 5 years later so it's not like her name was the same as his (and mine till I remarried) or anything.

Funny story. DH told me this one about his ex wife. She left him and moved across country to be with a guy she met on the interwebs. DH kept full custody of their daughter. Well about 2 years later she got pregnate with that guys child. He got a letter from HIS insurance company where she had used an old card of his to see doctors in her state for the pregnancy! She had remarried so her name wasn't even the same! It's not like she'd previously seen them and the card was on file kinda thing b/c they were divorced pretty quickly and it was across the country from where she'd had DSD. LMAO. Luckily he got a letter from his insurance company... oh yea and I believe he got a BILL too for her prenatal care! He filed fraud stuff with his insurance company about it. Sometimes getting the ex's letters can be a good thing
December 24th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Rachel that would have made me really mad.

I would understand if she lived in this house at 1 time - I get mail for my ex all the time. But she never did - it's not even his house now. It's mine legally.

And Amber - I'm glad you get a kick out of my pain

But seriously it wouldn't bother me so much if it was such Rita Wzxxxx. But it comes as Bryan & Rita Wxxxxxx. It just bugs me to see it. Makes no sense. I know they were married for 15 years but it still bugs me.

Good point Stacey - but fortunately our credit is crap all on our one So really her credit could only help us

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah

Last edited by My2miracles; December 27th, 2010 at 02:36 PM.
December 27th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Happy Mommy
I get mail for my ex husband at my house all the time.

He and I have been divorced since 2004, he has never lived in the state I live in, let alone in my house I own.

I looked up my phone number on whitepages.com once and it listed only him at my house, EEK!
December 27th, 2010, 02:24 PM
momma2011's Avatar Shannon
Send a message via AIM to momma2011
I do, but it was her house first. It used to annoy me, it's bad enough I have to live in the house they bought together, I didn't need the mail as a constant reminder that I was the interloper here. It's been awhile now though and we've made the house ours so the occasional piece of mail for her doesn't bother me.

Thanks to Graysmama for my pretty siggy!

December 30th, 2010, 08:35 PM
myblueyez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have received a letter here once. This was my house and SO moved in with me.

It was an IRS letter to Brandon and Tanja M****, I understand because it had to do with a tax debt they had together that was now taken care of, they were just letting him know that "their" debt was paid off. She received the same letter at her house.
Although I understand it, it still irked me to see Brandon & Tanja M**** on a piece of mail at "my" house....

~~Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!~~

December 31st, 2010, 11:03 AM
1HotMama's Avatar Super Mommy
We have only gotten mail for my XH a few times, but it IS annoying. We haven't lived together in YEARS and my XH never lived in this house, so I'm not really sure why we got mail. It's only been a few times though, luckily.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search