Hope everyone's hoilday went well...

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy

Last edited by loveneverfails; June 29th, 2012 at 07:07 PM.
December 26th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Turtlesong's Avatar Veteran
He probably just needed a nap. I'm glad it went pretty well.

Ours went pretty well too. It was snowing here so I called my ex and told him he'd have to meet me early or we wouldn't be able to meet him. We live 5 hours apart and still meet at the same halfway point from before I moved so it's a 3 hour drive for me. I haven't pushed to change it b/c there really isn't a town that's halfway right now. Ex was great about it so no issues. We met them at 2 instead of 4 and dropped of DS. I even packed them some of the Christmas cookies I'd made... mostly just to get them out of the house so I don't eat all of them. LOL. I talked to DS today and he's having fun.

DSD's bio mom is getting her next weekend. They'll stay at bio mom's mother's house probably since that's what they usually do. She's looking forward to seeing her grandmother a lot. They usually see each other about every 2 months for a weekend but it's been since September and DSD is excited. The didn't call DSD yesterday but they did call on her birthday. DSD didn't notice I don't think. She didn't say anything about it regardless.

It's been a really great Christmas. We got snow for the first time in like 100 years on Christmas here. It's beautiful. I miss my DS and wish he was here but it's only a few more days.
December 26th, 2010, 03:13 PM
momma2011's Avatar Shannon
Send a message via AIM to momma2011
SO was really bummed all day because he called his daughter (11) several times and never got an answer, she texted later that she was at her grandmother's house for dinner and would call later. She never did.

It really bugs him because they are supposed to rotate holidays but SD loves spending Christmas with her mom's family. It's a HUGE deal to them so he agreed to let her spend every Christmas with her mom. When he has time off work he celebrates with them as well, but this year he had to work Christmas eve and the 26th, so there was no way to fit in a trip to see her. I know it isn't her fault he had to work, but since he gave in to her wishes and let her spend Christmas with her mom she should have taken his call. Mind you, she called Christmas eve so it's not like they never talk, but he really wanted to hear her voice on Christmas.

I guess he, or at least I, should get used to it. She's going straight from the too young to understand and reason with stage to the teenage don't really care stage.

Thanks to Graysmama for my pretty siggy!

Last edited by momma2011; December 26th, 2010 at 03:41 PM.
December 27th, 2010, 10:48 AM
AndyBee's Avatar Super Mommy
Our went well, but was just crazy busy. We had DSD on Thursday, BM had her Friday, we had her Saturday, and BM had her Sunday. Back and forth, back and forth. Ugh. Poor thing was so over stimulated, she didn't even want to open her presents by Christmas morning.

BM was also 45 minutes late picking DSD up on Friday, which caused Tim to be half an hour late to work. How lovely. Other than that, it has been really great. We exchanged presents "from Evann" to BM and BD. It was super sweet too, because BM included a gift to me from Evann. We've been having some really great interactions lately.

It was super annoying though, when we went to see Tim's grandmother. She kept brining up BM and asking about whether or not we'd be moving to her town so that DSD could go to that school. When he said he wasn't sure, grandma suggested that we just gave up custody. HUH? How is that the best solution?

Anyway, all in all it went well. DSD was a bit cranky and such, but I expected this since her routine was completely messed up.

Special thanks to AlexAiden Mommy for my precious siggy
December 27th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
We had a pretty relaxing Christmas. My family (parents and brother, SIL & nieces) came over for breakfast. It's the first time in several years that everyone was altogether at Christmas. Got a picture of all of the grandkids for my parents and my dad nearly cried, he was so happy!

My big kids went off to their dad's or wherever in the afternoon/evening so it was just Neely, me and the boys for dinner. And I went to bed shortly after and Neely cleaned up the dinner mess.
December 28th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Super Mommy
It was enjoyable. S got a little cranky, but she has a lot going on for the holidays.
December 28th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Went well. It was just the 4 of us for Christmas Eve & Christmas day. The kids really enjoyed their gifts. Which made me very happy. Last year was a little light because I was unemployed so this year we made up for it. DSD came on the 26th and is with us until the 2nd.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search