Calling less and less

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Not that I'm really surprised but their mom seems to call less and less these days and when she does call, she puts her daughter on the phone with the boys.

Clayton will ask to call his mom about 3 or 4 nights a week and it's usually hit or miss if she answers the phone or not. Will never asks to call her. It's weird, since he's the one who seems most under her spell and closest to her.

Do you encourage phone calls or do you let birth mom or dad initiate them?
January 9th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy

Last edited by loveneverfails; August 21st, 2012 at 03:56 PM.
January 12th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Arachne
The kids don't often ask to call, but when they do ask, we let them. Their mother flipped out on the eldest because the eldest didn't call her mother on Christmas, or New Year's Eve to wish her happy holidays. She flipped out on the eldest for not calling on her birthday. She's demanding that my husband give the kids money to send her cards on the holidays, but, the kids never ask, and all the crap she's pulled, she doesn't deserve it. We're already stuck paying off bills that SHE ran up, now we're supposed to pay out extra money to mail her cards multiple times per year?

My husband's eldest is very creative, she likes to hand-make things. She's hand-made me cards before, but never does it for her mother, even though we've suggested it to her.

Might I also point out, she didn't call her children on their birthdays, either. Why should a CHILD be the one to have to call the PARENT on a holiday?
January 12th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I agree with you. You shouldn't fork out money for that.

She hasn't called since Friday.
January 12th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Super Mommy
my DD's dad calls once a week, or so he used to do, now its mostly once every 3weeks and my DD doesnt really want to talk to him because all he does is give her trouble about not calling him.... She"s 7 and never asks to call...i dont bug her, its up to him.
my two sons bio mom has called once in the past 5months. She txts although hasnt since Christmas. And when she does call she never talks to them anyways, because in her words "she cant understand what they say"
so i dont bother. She used to call her oldest 2x's a week but hasnt called him since Christmas(he lives with his dad and stepmom)
As for out littlest ones dad he hasnt called since novemeber, and hasnt asked to see him since sept. Fine by me.
It makes me mad that neither of them call, but on one hand i dont care. It shows how much the kids mean to them. I mean come on!!.
MY SO raised the oldest one since he was a baby, and his son up til he was 6months old and she took off. He called BOTH of them and still visits the oldest one because we have his two little brothers and we take them to see their brother atleast once a month.
The youngest dad, he was in all 3 of their lives until the baby was 4months old and now not a thing... i dont understand how you could do that.
Sorry got a little long.
People just piss me off when they dont call to see how their kids are, but still wont sign their rights over and choose to play mommy or daddy when they feel like it!!

January 12th, 2011, 03:30 PM
CassCramer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CassCramer Send a message via Yahoo to CassCramer Send a message via Skype™ to CassCramer
I tried so hard the past year to get my ex to call to talk to our son. I've given up trying. If he ever decides to call, good for him. If not, well I guess SO will be the only dad my son will know.

If it were up to SO, I wouldn't have tried so hard. Let's just say he could care less if we never heard from Xander's dad again, probably partly from seeing how much stress it causes me trying to get him involved with his own son.

January 13th, 2011, 06:27 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My ex doesn't call very often and the kids don't really ask to call him. If they wanted to call, I would let them.

=May '05 and '11

January 13th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Super Mommy
I call S's Dad when she is with me so he can say good night and ask how her day went. He does the same thing to me when he has her.

K has her own phone so she calls whoever she wants when she wants.
January 17th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Ponyo22's Avatar Lindsay
The kids call their mom every three days. Sometimes she answers, sometimes not. I prefer it when she doesn't talk to them because their mood changes fast after those calls.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search