How is everyone doing?

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Give us an update! Any court cases coming up? Any news to share?
January 12th, 2011, 12:59 PM
ToonTownGirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I had my first "reality check" of being a step mom last night. DSS was passing blood in his stool, and he was in our custody. Bio monster calls DF to find out what's going on, and gives him crap for taking him to the hospital, when we should have gone to minor emergency... ummm NO????

So an hour of waiting in the waiting room for a bed for DSS, we finally get in there. We are in there 20 mins and Bio Monster arrives... so I have to leave. Only BIO parents are allowed, even though she doesn't care and did nothing back act like a total cow to DF the entire time they were there.

So I sat in an empty waiting room for 4 hours by myself, grasping at any text msg I could get from DF while he was in there with Bio Monster. It was so unbelievably hard, and DSS was so upset that I had to leave. DF told me that DSS didn't even look at Bio Monster, and knew that I was gone because she was there....

It's extremely heartbreaking. He got transfered to another hospital that has a pediatric department... she went with, and then left her Mum there to wait for us to get there. (DF had to get stuff cause he was spending the night with DSS). He has been there all day, and probably won't go home til tomorrow, and Bio Monster hasn't showed up at all. Her Mum is there now. At least I get along well enough with her.

Thank you
*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!

1st Miscarriage - not planned - June 29, 2010

Saskatoon Scrappin'
- visit my blog!

January 12th, 2011, 02:12 PM
AndyBee's Avatar Super Mommy
Ugh that sounds horrible. I'm so sorry

Right now things are going really well with BM. Tim is about to send her an email that will rock the boat for sure though. But it needs to be sent, so I guess we'll just have to take it as it comes. We are trying to renegotiate drop off location, since we are driving 3x more than she is. It's very frustrating. Plus BM keeps telling us that we can't pick LO up from daycare early on our days. Um... it's our day so we get her whenever we want. Anway... it's great now, maybe not so great once she reads the email.

Special thanks to AlexAiden Mommy for my precious siggy
January 12th, 2011, 05:26 PM
KatiesGirls
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonTownGirl View Post
I had my first "reality check" of being a step mom last night. DSS was passing blood in his stool, and he was in our custody. Bio monster calls DF to find out what's going on, and gives him crap for taking him to the hospital, when we should have gone to minor emergency... ummm NO????

So an hour of waiting in the waiting room for a bed for DSS, we finally get in there. We are in there 20 mins and Bio Monster arrives... so I have to leave. Only BIO parents are allowed, even though she doesn't care and did nothing back act like a total cow to DF the entire time they were there.

So I sat in an empty waiting room for 4 hours by myself, grasping at any text msg I could get from DF while he was in there with Bio Monster. It was so unbelievably hard, and DSS was so upset that I had to leave. DF told me that DSS didn't even look at Bio Monster, and knew that I was gone because she was there....

It's extremely heartbreaking. He got transfered to another hospital that has a pediatric department... she went with, and then left her Mum there to wait for us to get there. (DF had to get stuff cause he was spending the night with DSS). He has been there all day, and probably won't go home til tomorrow, and Bio Monster hasn't showed up at all. Her Mum is there now. At least I get along well enough with her.
Hugs. I can't imagine! Keep us posted on how he's doing! Did they find out what was causing it??
January 17th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Ponyo22's Avatar Lindsay
Ugh, how horrible. Was that the BM's call or the hospital's? Our bio-monster tried to pull that once when I showed up to talk to my SS's principal. "Only his REAL parents should be in here." I ignored her and so did everyone else in the room. She hasn't tried it since

In other news, we bit the bullet and put together cash for a retainer and hired a lawyer. Hopefully we only need him for the upcoming CS mod when alimony expires in April (btw, YAY). Realistically we think there is a custody fight in the works. She is not paying for her half of kids' things and skips their doctor appointments because she can't afford the co-pays, and we can't cover her anymore. UM, time to put on your big girl pants and go GET A JOB. Plus the kids are not being taken care of, in my opinion, when under her care (left unsupervised for hours, no homework being turned in, bad grades and behavior stuff at school.) Plus she is just ignoring all communications from DH. No contact whatsoever, she sends messages through the kids.

Everyone is doing fine in our house. Older kids absolutely LOVE their baby sister and she loves them. They are happy and well behaved. I am deciding whether to return to work FT or continue the nights and weekend hours at my PT job. We are managing as best we can.
January 17th, 2011, 03:32 PM
That's awful Tiffany! I hope he's better soon! Luckily we have had no emergencies with the boys so I have never had to experience that. Thought I doubt she'd show up anyway since the hospital we would go to is even further away from her than our house.
January 18th, 2011, 09:47 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Oh no Tiffany, how is he doing now?

Life has been nuts for us. I'm gearing up to start school in 2 weeks. I was crazy sick with salmonella for my bday and most of last week. Work has been hectic and now DSD has officially decided for the umpteenth time that she wants to live with us, but she's serious this time. That girl goes back and forth so much with that one it's amazing. But she wants to go to HS in the City and in order for her to do that we have to get custody fixed asap. Looks like we're going to have a long drawn out nasty court battle commencing.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

January 19th, 2011, 07:50 AM
ToonTownGirl's Avatar Super Mommy
He is much better now.. he came home on Friday. They had no idea what it was, but they think it was viral. His "monster" spent a total of 5 hours with him while he was in the hospital. HER mom volunteered to spend Thursday night with him so DF could get some sleep. DSS didn't want her there anyway. He kept asking for me, and on Thursday night I got there just after "monster" showed up, and he wasn't even acknowledging her, and as soon as I walked in, he ducked around her to say hello to me and show me what he was watching!

Felt good, and sad all at the same time....

P.S. It was my choice to leave the room when "monster" showed up. She hates me, and was being a total witch as soon as she walked in the room, and I didn't want DSS to be put through that. So that's why I left... she doesn't scare/intimidate me.... I wanted to save DSS from that stress

Thank you
*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!

1st Miscarriage - not planned - June 29, 2010

Saskatoon Scrappin'
- visit my blog!

January 19th, 2011, 11:08 AM
So glad he's doing better!
January 21st, 2011, 10:40 AM
Super Mommy
We have a lot of things going on, I will get into it all later.

Lets just say BM is telling K things a 15 should not hear!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search