Menu Planning

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Super Mommy
Do you keep the kids in mind when you menu plan for the week?

Do you ask their opinions even if they are there part time?

K is only spending a few night a week at our house and will complain there aren't certain things in the house. I ask her to make a list when she goes to moms so we can buy things she like but she always forgets.
January 25th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Arachne
If I kept the kids in mind for the menu planning... we'd eat nothing but rice, PB&J, and enchiladas. So, no. I don't. I do try to keep the menu kid-friendly, though. Nothing too elaborate or anything like that.
January 25th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fright View Post
If I kept the kids in mind for the menu planning... we'd eat nothing but rice, PB&J, and enchiladas. So, no. I don't. I do try to keep the menu kid-friendly, though. Nothing too elaborate or anything like that.
This, except Mac & cheese and ramen. I try to make things they like, but I generally don't plan around their tastes.
January 25th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Super Mommy
I am lucky the girls eat very healthy and will eat what we eat. Even the 4 year old. My problem is I will buy apples and oranges one week and she will want bannanas.
The 4 year old eats jelly fish with her one uncle she would eat a shoe if I let her. She is easy to shop for lol.
January 25th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Arachne
Their mother insists, "if you don't like it, don't eat it", even though we make them eat food they don't like. Why? If they only ate what they liked, they'd only eat rice, pb&j, and enchiladas. nothing else, and especially no vegetables. So I am mean(apparently), and make them eat other foods.
January 25th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fright View Post
Their mother insists, "if you don't like it, don't eat it", even though we make them eat food they don't like. Why? If they only ate what they liked, they'd only eat rice, pb&j, and enchiladas. nothing else, and especially no vegetables. So I am mean(apparently), and make them eat other foods.
Yeah, we have a rule here. You have to try it. And by try it, I mean eat at least 5 bites of it. But you don't get to have something else, if you don't like it. I'm not a short order cook.
January 26th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Short order cooks here

I was and still am a fussy eater - my parents did the eat it or starve thing and well I chose to starve.

Anyhoo, both of my kids are very skinny especially dd so we make sure they eat something for each meal.

dsd isn't with us often but since dh is a chef - she requests her favorite meals when she's with us. We accomodate as much as we can depending on our schedule.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
January 27th, 2011, 10:37 AM
I was a short order cook with my older kids and they, especially my son, have a limited pallet and even now he tries to get me to cook what he likes if I have cooked something he doesn't. Uh, no. I've got too many kids to feed to worry about each kid's individual preference. I will try to make each kid's favorite meal at least once a week, but after that, you eat what I cook. For the most part, we don't have too many nights when a kid goes hungry, unless it's the big one and he can go buy himself something to eat or heat some hot dogs up.
January 28th, 2011, 05:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy

Last edited by loveneverfails; August 21st, 2012 at 03:47 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search