Hello everyone - I'm new to this board!

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2011, 09:13 PM
DaniB+4's Avatar Super Moderator
Hi there! My name is Dani and I've been lurking around on this board and finally decided to introduce myself. I am 29 and have a wonderful DF named John. I have a set of 7 1/2 year old twins from a previous marriage and DF & I are expecting our first child together in August.

My ex-H and I had a rocky marriage (sex addiction and chronic infidelity on his part) and a very tough split (threw him out for having yet another affair) - we were pretty young when we got married and in retrospect we were NOT a good fit. But we had the twins and felt it was the "right thing to do" to get married. Anyway, he ended up marrying the women with whom he had his final affair, and they currently live about 10 minutes down the street from us. I hated stepmom's guts at first (for obvious reasons, LOL) but now we get along pretty well. I met my DF about six months after my marriage ended and we've been together ever since (4 years strong ). ex-H and I butt heads a lot because we are very different people but I do admit that he is an excellent, involved father. Meanwhile DF is a good stepdad but since he's never been a bio-parent it's definitely a big adjustment for him, even after 4 years.

I look forward to getting to know you ladies and sharing with you all!

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

January 27th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Welcome Dani! It's nice to have you over here. Your ex and my ex sound like they had a lot in common. He had a on-again-off-again affair with a woman and had three kids with her, all while we were married. In the end, though, we've remained friends because we were friends first and managed to raise our kids as co-parents without too much head butting. We still chat from time to time mostly about his problems, and our kids are both adults now. He didn't end up with the girl he had kids with and she has pretty much made his life miserable, but his youngest with her just turned 17, so he should only have to deal with her for one more year. She's a loon.

Anyway, I'm rambling as I tend to do. I'm glad you popped in!
January 28th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Super Mommy
Hi! I'm Ashley mommy to S(4) SO to P and SM to K(15)
January 30th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Veteran
Hi there!

I'm Katie, my SO has a 5 year old from a previous marriage that we co-parent 50/50 with his ex that lives about 1/2 hour away. I'm preggers - almost done with the first trimester.

Nice to meet you.
January 31st, 2011, 11:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

I'm Kris. I have a dd from a previous marriage that my dh adopted & we have 1 ds together. He has 2 dds from a previous marriage that live in another state with their bio mom. He goes to visit them 3-4 times per year and his youngest comes to see us. It's complicated with the older one.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search