So I went out of my way to be nice...

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2011, 01:20 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
The kids have a dentist appointment on the 16th and it just happens that their dentist is in the same town that their mom lives, so I sent her an email telling her that I'd be willing to drop them off after their appointment and they could have dinner with her and then I'd pick them up a few hours later. She never responded to me, but sent Neely a text message saying she'd love to see them that day. Why she couldn't respond to me, I have no idea since I'm the who will be taking them to the dentist and then to her.

Anyway, it'll be the first time she's seen them since New Year's Eve.
February 1st, 2011, 05:09 PM
Veteran
I dunno, mama. A woman who doesn't really care enough about her own kids to not have regular contact with them doesn't seem like the type of person to be very good with relationships in general.

Why doesn't she see her children more often?
February 1st, 2011, 06:26 PM
Arachne
I am sorry. Neely's ex sounds like a troll.

This is why I don't even bother to play nice with husband's ex.
February 1st, 2011, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemama View Post
I dunno, mama. A woman who doesn't really care enough about her own kids to not have regular contact with them doesn't seem like the type of person to be very good with relationships in general.

Why doesn't she see her children more often?
I'm not really sure why to be honest. She is allowed every other weekend from Friday night to Sunday night. When she was living with her last boyfriend that didn't work for him so she only saw them overnights when he was out of town and then she'd ask to have them once in a while all day Sunday. According to the Court order, she's supposed to pick them up from us and we're supposed to pick them up from her, but she doesn't have a car and her license is suspended (old unpaid fines) so she doesn't really have a way to get them and I guess she doesn't have any friends that would help her out or at least she won't ask. Neely told her he'd be willing to do one round trip per month (which would be the same driving if she saw them every-other weekend), but she just doesn't seem interested in doing it. In fact, they asked her about the New Year's Eve visit and the only reason that she agreed to it was because she wasn't able to go out because her daughter's father worked that night (he's a DJ). I'm tired of trying to figure her out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fright View Post

She really is a troll. I'm not trying to be super nice or become her BFF or anything, but I feel bad for the kids because they want to see her and ask her all the time "when's the next time we're gonna see you?" I don't want them to think that we're denying the visits, kwim?
February 2nd, 2011, 08:32 AM
Super Mommy
I just don't understand some people. P's ex never even looks my way, but I don't have to deal with her much.

She is also not really talking to P. When he goes to talk to her about stuff K is doing she gets all defensive and says talk to my lawyer. We are still waiting to here from him. She first said that in August!
February 2nd, 2011, 10:46 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fright View Post

Yeah that!

Sorry she's such a douche. I don't get women like that at all. Kinda glad I don't.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

February 2nd, 2011, 11:28 AM
I honestly think she's jealous of how much time I get to spend with the boys. I thought about this a lot last night. She's angry and bitter that I'm doing the things that she used to do.
February 2nd, 2011, 11:52 AM
Arachne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
She really is a troll. I'm not trying to be super nice or become her BFF or anything, but I feel bad for the kids because they want to see her and ask her all the time "when's the next time we're gonna see you?" I don't want them to think that we're denying the visits, kwim?
Oh I know!! I didn't mean to make it sound like you were. I understand completely. Neely's ex and my husband's ex were hatched from the same troll-egg, I think.

I think you're right, about her being jealous. She's got no one to blame for that, but herself, though.
February 2nd, 2011, 02:21 PM
No I didn't think you were. Just saying it, is all.
February 2nd, 2011, 03:27 PM
ToonTownGirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisey View Post
I just don't understand some people. P's ex never even looks my way, but I don't have to deal with her much.

She is also not really talking to P. When he goes to talk to her about stuff K is doing she gets all defensive and says talk to my lawyer. We are still waiting to here from him. She first said that in August!
It find that funny when the ex's say "talk to my lawyer".... ummm, you CANNOT talk to her lawyer. Just like she can't talk to yours.... the stupidity of some people just blows my mind

Thank you
*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!

1st Miscarriage - not planned - June 29, 2010

Saskatoon Scrappin'
- visit my blog!

February 2nd, 2011, 04:38 PM
Well, that's technically not always true. If you don't have an attorney, you can communicate directly with her attorney. If both parties are represented then yes, the communication must be through the attorneys.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search