Uhm. What?

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Arachne
We were planning to go back home to visit my family and so my husband's kids could see their mother. I pressed him to talk to her about the financial aspect, as she is supposed to pay half of their travel expenses. Either she pays for both their plane tickets there (and we pay for the tickets home), or both of their plane tickets home (and we pay for the tickets there), or she pays half of their tickets there and half of their tickets home (and we pay the other half for their tickets there and their tickets home).

Well, she decided she couldn't afford to see them for the 1 - 2 weeks they'd be there (taking time off work) AND cover their plane tickets. She wasn't going to tell us this until we'd already bought the tickets. So she assumed that we'd pay for everything. She said she couldn't afford any of it, and that she wasn't going to get to see them except a few days while we were there, so therefore, according to her, it wasn't a visitation, and she didn't have to pay for half of their travel expenses, and we're trying to take advantage of her, because we were planning to come visit my family anyway. We only planned for ALL of us to go back home, so she could keep her kids for a week or two. If she wasn't going to keep them, just me and baby would go back to visit my family for a little while.

Uh. What? It's in the paperwork that the travel expenses MUST be split EQUALLY.

Then she threw it in my husband's face about he told her he'd need the gas money to drive them 1 and 1/2 hours to her hotel, then back to our house, and then to drive the 1 and 1/2 hours back to her hotel, and back home! That's 3 hours of driving. Again. When the kids are travelling (to there, and back from there) the travel expenses are to be split EQUALLY. She said she didn't have to give us gas money at all. Uhm. Really? THAT ISN'T WHAT THE PAPERWORK SAYS.

So, now we're not sure if we are going or not. She is up my husband's butt about it. If she can't pay for half of their travel expenses, why should we all go? She says she'll come visit them this summer (which is fine with us) but then she told my husband he had to pay half of HER travel expenses!! Which is not what the paperwork says.
February 13th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
she's a wacko. I would go by yourself and let her miss out on the chance to see her kids.
February 14th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Arachne
We told her that we just weren't going. She was fine with it!! You'd think someone who saw their kids ONCE, for 36 hours, in a YEAR, who hasn't seen them in over THREE MONTHS as it is, would be a little more upset!!

In the same text, she demanded we send her the money we owed, and to do it by money order or cashier's check!!! The money we "owe" is from my husband's savings, that we had to give her half of, in order to get custody. Who the hell is she to tell US how to send money??? How about she's LUCKY to be getting it!
February 14th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I swear, I'm beginning to wonder if she & Neely's ex are the same person.
February 14th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Arachne
I'd say they were hatched out of the same Troll egg, Rachel, but I think that's an insult to trolls everywhere This is the same woman who asks about MY son, and when I tell her to stop, mind her own business, and talk to her kids about THEM, she ****s him in the same conversation. Really? Then why does she ask? Ugh..

I wonder if we can return Neely's ex and my husband's ex. You know, like at Walmart. Exchange them, citing faulty personalities and brains.
February 14th, 2011, 05:04 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Oh dizamn! I would so hurt someone like that. This is the main reason why I don't deal with the ex like that. I'm liable to hurt someone.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

February 15th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Arachne
My husband tells me everything, usually because I'm in the room when he's on the phone with her. Typically, because he wants my "support," apparently hearing his ex's voice is like nails on a chalkboard to him. So, of course I hear half the conversation and want to know everything.

It takes a LOT of self-control to not steal the phone away from my husband. We're not even civil, anymore. I tried being nice, being civil, and she played the nasty card, so she's getting it right back. She used to say "hi" or "how are you?" when we dropped off/picked up the kids, after she screamed at my husband, or said nasty things about me. I stopped responding. I just didn't say anything.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search