I wish she would call regularly!

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
No calls in 4 days. And when she did call last, she had forgotten that she had talked to the kids the night before.

How do you deal with sporadic contact? When Clayton gets bored, he asks to call her. Will never asks if he can call her. We never tell them no, except if we're about to do something (like dinner, showers, bedtime). I just don't understand how she can not want to talk to them.
February 28th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Super Mommy
I don't know how any mother can do that. If I haven't heard from S by a certain time at night I am calling her to see how her day went and what she did that was fun that day. Her dad is the same way.
March 12th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
I am so sorry to hear that. I am still trying to figure that one out. My oldest son ( well he is my DSS), hasn't talked to his BM in a long time. She doesn't call, doesn't even utilize her visitation. Last time he saw her was at Christmas and only because her aunt came to get him.

We don't do anything. DH says it is her loss not ours that she is not in his life. He used to ask to call her and we would let him but she never kept minutes on her phone so now he doesn't even ask at all. I feel so bad for him.
March 15th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Turtlesong's Avatar Veteran
DSD's BioMom called DSD for her birthday in August and I can't remember the last time she called before that. She's called to make visitation arrangements around holidays but doesn't ask to talk to DSD. DSD has called her a few times lately wanting to go over to spend the night. But BioMom calling her... not much at all. My DS's dad calls once every few weeks to talk to him. It used to be really rare but he's gotten better since I remarried. The whole jealousy thing. I much prefer to deal with DSD's biomom than my ex though.
March 16th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Arachne
My husband's ex goes a week, week and a half without claling sometimes. then she'll call daily for a little while, then every other day, then back to a week, week and a half without calls. I'm fairly certain she avoids the kids' calls. As, she texts my husband right after, usually, then claims her phone is messing up.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search