Lies, omissions, truth twisting...

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2011, 05:22 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
and other manipulating things. How do you guys deal with it? Hopefully you don't have to. But I do and it sucks. SD is always playing one person against another. Be it by twisting or omitting the truth to victimize herself or flat out lying to get her way. I just can't take it anymore. She's constantly trying to tell her father or any other adult how things should be. She refuses to listen and respect adults and their wishes. She cannot for the life of her keep things to herself. When I lost my last job and we picked her up that weekend as soon as she called her mom to let her know we arrived, she quickly informed her mom that I lost my job. I was none to thrilled about that one. Right now she has her aunt wanting to do something fraudulent just to cover the cost of her braces. The girl doesn't even truly need them yet. She still has baby teeth that need to fall out! It's bad enough that his, DH, family causes enough drama around here but add her to the mix and it's an all out soap opera around here sometimes. I'm at my wits end! Even DH was glad the visit was over and even happier to drop her off with her grandma. Man this step parenting sucks donkey...

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

March 1st, 2011, 05:33 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Indeed. We have similar issues with Will, but I think we're getting the lying under control. I'm sure it'll get worse before it gets better as he heads into puberty, but it's difficult. ((hugs))
March 1st, 2011, 05:47 PM
Ya know if we had custody of her, maybe there would be something I can actually do to change it. But being that we only get visitation and it's becoming like once a month, we don't have much of an influence on her. Every time we reprimand her, she's being yelled at, even if we're speaking in low tones. Ughh I have never in my life met a child that had learned to manipulate so early on. I could write a book on all the tricks she's pulled over the past 8.5 years.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)

March 1st, 2011, 07:20 PM
Veteran
my two SD do this and are currently doing this (aged 10 and 13). If I didn't have two little girls with DH I probably would have bailed out a long time ago just because it's been so hard dealing with them and there mom. Things have been going so good here and everything has been rocked again.
Sorry you have to deal with this too. *hugs*

Come check out my crafting forum everyone is welcome!
http://www.calgarycrafters.com
March 2nd, 2011, 08:11 AM
I've thought about leaving him so many times in the past because of his family and sometimes her. But in the end I love him dearly and will put up with almost anything to be him. Thanks for the hugs and understanding.

Liz (36) Kev (35)

March 2nd, 2011, 08:31 AM
Super Mommy
*Hugs*

It is hard being a step parent. I wish there was a clear cut way to do things.
March 2nd, 2011, 10:30 AM
momma2011's Avatar Shannon
Send a message via AIM to momma2011
My future SD does it too. You would think by now that she would have figured out that we actually talk to her mom so she can't play us off each other. She tries though, and there have been times that DF freaked out because of something she said until I reminded him to call his ex and get the real story.

Thanks to Graysmama for my pretty siggy!

March 3rd, 2011, 11:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like my Dh's oldest. When she was coming to our house she would act like her younger sister's parent not a kid. 1 time dsd ask if she could have a snac, & I said yes. The older girl spun around & said "no you can't have a snack before dinner" Mind you dinner was 3 hours away and we had be walking around the zoo all day. Nothing like being contradicted by a 12 year old

I'm sad for dh that she doesn't come to our house anymore but am so glad for the rest of us!

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
March 3rd, 2011, 11:46 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisey View Post
*Hugs*

It is hard being a step parent. I wish there was a clear cut way to do things.
Isn't that the truth. There's no instruction manual for this!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search